The Jungle of Misery

Later on, the herd continues to move, just as they heard an animal's scream echo through the jungle.

(A/N: We all know it's Scrat!)

"Sounds like a Jungle of Misery to me". Eddie says nervously.

Redwood takes out her parents' spear, feeling ready for whatever comes their way. She looks around and though their surroundings looked more than beautiful, she couldn't shake this eerie vibe she kept getting just by looking at even the smallest things like plants.

They all carry on as eyes appear out of plants around them and watch. Ellie stops, sensing they're being watched and looks back but the eyes quickly retract. "Hold on".

Manny rushed to her side immediately. "Why? What's wrong? Peaches?"

Ellie gave him a confused look. "What? No. It's just... I've got a funny feeling".

"Now that you'd mention it, I've got the feeling that we're being watched". Avery says.

"Me too". Redwood nods.

Manny doesn't pay attention and instead takes this in a different way. "You're hungry! Low blood sugar!" He looks around and spots a red fruit nearby. "Oh, there's some fruit!"

"No, Manny!" Avery tries to stop him.

Diego follows him. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. This isn't exactly your playground".

Redwood walks towards the two with Avery next to her. "Besides, it could be poisonous. Or worse; a trap".

"Pfft. Like I'm gonna be afraid of a pretty flower". Manny grabs the fruit with his trunk and suddenly vines quickly wrap around his, Diego, Avery, and Redwood's feet.

"Bet you didn't see that coming". Diego says deadpanned.

The vines then lift the four into the air and dangles them upside down, making Redwood drop her spear in the process.

"Manny!" Ellie cries out.

"For the record, I blame you for this!" Redwood tells Manny frustratingly as they're lowered back down to the plant, (which has now become large). It swallows them up and traps them inside itself.

"Stop eating our friends, plant!" Eddie yells as he and Crash run to attack it, only for the plant to attack them with its vines, forcing them to retreat.

Avery hears everything happening from the inside and groans in annoyance. "Our heroes..."

Ellie then glares at the plant. "That's it! I'm tearing it up from the roots!"

Before she could charge at it, she's stopped by Buck, (who has seemingly appeared out of nowhere). "Do that and it will clamp shut forever". He tells her.

"What?!" Ellie exclaims.

"Alright preggers, don't get your trunk in a knot. I'll have them out of there before they're digested". Buck says.

"Digested?!" Manny shouts in fear as he pops his head out of the plant before being shoved back in.

"They'll be nothing but bones in 3 minutes. Well, maybe 5 for the fat one". Buck states while stretching.

"I'M NOT FAT!" Manny yells.

Meanwhile inside the plant, Redwood, Avery, Diego, and Manny are pushing the walls trying to get free when Diego suddenly stops for a minute. "I feel tingly".

Manny gives him a disgusted look. "Don't say that when you're pressed up against me".

"Diego, there's a child in here!" Avery glares at him.