Chapter 19: A Forged Bond

Blue eyes looked over the corpses of his fellow demon slayers who tragically fell in battle. The moon shone above them through the dark forest of the mountain. It hadn't been long for him and a certain petite woman to arrive in the mountain.

"Were you acquainted with any of them?" She asked the man as she turns her head slightly to glance at the silent man. "There don't seem to be survivors around here. We were advised that several rookie Mizunoto had joined the battle, but they might be dead now, don't you think?"

Giyu didn't answer her questions. Although it was quite unfortunate that they weren't able to reach their comrades in time, they still need to slay the demon residing in this mountain, possibly a member of the Twelve Kizuki. His mind then thought of a red-haired woman.

He wondered if she's in this mountain, wondering if she's alive still. He knew she's strong, strong enough to beat anyone with her strength.

"Let's go."

With no time to spare, the two ran through the mountain with only the moon as their source of light through the dark forest.

"Isn't the Moon lovely?" Shinobu asked her fellow Hashira. "Since we've been given this joint mission, let's try to get along."

"I'm only here to slay some demons."

"How callous of you!" Shinobu commented. "All right, then, let's split up here. I shall proceed from the west."

"Agreed" Giyu acknowledged. Almost in a blink of an eye, Shinobu disappeared, heading towards the West side of the mountain while Giyu continued onwards.
—————————————————————————————————————————————

'Water Breathing, Second Form! Water Wheel!'

Tanjiro jumped from above, his sword raised over his head before coming down on the demon's arm in an attempt to slice the Father Spider Demon's arm from reaching Nanami. Though his sword managed to cut the demon's arm, Tanjiro was taken aback and gritted his teeth a bit seeing his blade didn't cut through its flesh.

"It's no good! The blade won't go through!" He exclaimed, he puts his panic aside as he tried to force his blade to cut off his arm, but it won't budge.

Taking this opportunity, the Father Spider Demon used his other arm and attempts to throw his fist towards the Burgundy-haired boy. However, Inosuke was quick to give aid and block the attack with his swords.

"So hard!" Inosuke grunted, pressing both of his blades down to the demon's flesh. With a quick glance, Nanami can see the chakra infused with his arms, making it hard for them to cut through it.

The demon let out a loud roar, sending the three far away from him. "I can't slash him even if I use an attack! What should I do? What should I do?" Tanjiro murmurs to himself.

The Father Spider demon glance before putting his sights on the burgundy-haired boy and started to charge at him. "Don't come near my family! Stay away!" The demon yelled, throwing his fist back and tries to land a punch on him, but Nanami flashed beside him, grabbing him before teleporting away to land as the demon's fist made contact with the boulder that Tanjiro once stood on, creating a big splash of water.

"Are you okay?" Nanami asked him and Tanjiro nodded. The demon faced them and growled menacingly.

"What are you looking at? I'm over here! Curse you!" Inosuke bellowed, coming up from above and recklessly try to hit the demon's flesh once more but the demon quickly swung his arm hard, sending the boy flying away to shallow water. Inosuke groaned in pain at the force of the demon's attack. "Ouch! All that force with just one swipe of it's arm! It's no good! I'm not at full power! Not to mention, the bleeding's making me stumble!"