Chapter 7: Our Own Steel

It was a snowy day, a man-eating demon in the size of a child, devours a human in the corner while the victims lay on the ground with blood. When it saw a lone swordsman with a tengu mask making it paused its meal.

A battle between the two began, the demon was quick on its attacks but the swordsman was able to dodge its attacks and wounded the demon. The demon then ran away from the swordsman but was then cornered. As the swordsman approaches slowly, the demon then ran away once again. After it stopped its tracks, the swordsman was behind it, on a rooftop of a house and charged the demon with great speed. He drew his sword and it went black.

The view of the demon changes, instead of Tanjiro attacking him. It shows him the swordsman who caught him before.

"Urokodaki!" The demon said as both Tanjiro and Nanami sliced its neck and rolled to the ground as his body starts to disintegrate.

"Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! My body's crumbling and disappearing. I can't stop it!" The demon whined.

Tanjiro then approaches the body and sheathes his sword in front of the demon and following him was Nanami as she jumps down next to him, her sword in its sheathe.

"Dammit! To think the face of a demon hunter will be the last thing I'll ever see..." the demon said but it's eyes widen when he saw Nanami and Tanjiro looking at him with sympathy in their eyes.

'How did it come to this?' The hand demon thought.
———————————————————————————————————-
"I'm so scared. I'm all alone. Nii-Chan, where are you? I want you to hold my hand! Like you always do!" A little boy cried in the darkness.

"Why? Why on earth did I bite you to death, big brother?" He added.

"Huh? Wait, who's this 'Nii-Chan' person?" The kid who was known as the hand demon said.
———————————————————————————————————-

Both Nanami and Tanjiro walked over to the demon's body, it's hand extended and positioned, waiting for someone to hold it. Nanami sensed its loneliness as she knew what it's like to be lonely, even with Naruto they both felt the same loneliness, but the good thing is that they have each other through their darkest times.

'What a sad scent' Tanjiro thought. feeling empathetic towards the hand demon, Nanami took the initiative and hold the demon's hand on the right side while Tanjiro followed and hold the demon's hand on the left side, as the hand gently squeeze back. Seeing this, the hand demon felt tears coming through his eyes and streaming down its face while disintegrating.

"God... Please..." Tanjiro prayed as Nanami stood in silence.
———————————————————————————————————-

In the darkness, where the hand demon's old form is, there was a sudden light in the distance as the demon stood up.

"The next time this man is reborn,please make sure he doesn't turn into a demon." Tanjiro continued praying for the demon. As the demon went to approach towards the source of light, revealing to be his brother.

"Nii-Chan! Nii-Chan! Nii-Chan! Hold my hand, will you?" He asked, revealing back to when he was a human boy as his brother complied to his younger brother's request.

"You're hopeless, you know? Still such a scaredy-cat." His brother said as they approached their home in the distance.
———————————————————————————————————-

In real life, the demon's real form disintegrated into ashes completely. As both Nanami and Tanjiro look at their hands and look up and stare at the distance.