Chapter 5: Sabito and Makomo

DESTROY

the demon slayer corps has around several hundred members. It's an organization unrecognized by the government. Yet it's existed since ancient times, and we continue to hunt demons today. But as for whose leading the demon slayer corps, that remains a mystery.

Demons.

Staple food... Humans!

They kill humans and feed on them. No one knows when and where they first appeared. Their physical prowess is remarkable. Wounds heal in the blink of an eye. Flesh is restored after being hacked off, and limbs can be newly regenerated. Some demons can shape-shift. Others have otherworldly powers.

They can only be killed by sunlight or by decapitation with a special sword. The demon slayers battle the demons with their own mortal bodies. Since they're human, their wounds are slow to heal, and, once lost, their limbs don't grow back! Even so, they battle the demons... to protect other humans.

"I am a trainer. I literally train swordsmen. There are many trainers, and each of them trains their pupils with their own regimen in their location. To join the demon slayer corps, you must survive the final selection process held on Mt. Fujikasane. Whether or not your eligible for final selection is up to me."

'This training is going to take awhile, dattebane!' Nanami sighed mentally as their training began.
.
.
.
.
.
They were running through the mountain as they dodge the traps made by Urokodaki. Tanjiro jumped over the rope as big log came over their way as they swiftly dodged it and continued to avoid any other traps.

'Starting today, I'm going to keep a journal for Nezuko. Me and Nanami-San are descending the mountain again today. We're going to train our hardest so we won't die during the Final Selection. Although, it seems that Nanami-San has no trouble during training.'

'After repeatedly descending the mountain, day after day, I'm starting to learn how to avoid most of traps like Nanami-San.  It's because I'm much stronger now, and because I'm even more adept at detecting scents than before. But Nanami-San is more intuitive than me since she can sense the traps even better than me. Even so...'

Suddenly a set of knives was heading towards them but Tanjiro was able to dodge them in time while Nanami dodge them fluidly as the knives embedded into a tree.

'The traps are getting more and more difficult.'

Tanjiro quickly put both of my hands onto the ledge as He almost fell into a pit full of rusty swords while Nanami jumped of the pitfall that was meant for her.

'He may really want to kill me!' Tanjiro thought.
.
.
.
'We made my descent today, sword in hand, but the sword really hampered our movement. Nanami-San doesn't show it but she's also having trouble with the sword even though she too, have her weapons only smaller.'

They were then running through the mountain with a sword as they tried avoiding the traps but got separated from each other, even though it hindered their movement. Tanjiro was then caught in a trap as he was dangling in the air upside down.

'With the sword, we can't stop getting ensnared in all the traps!'

Nanami then showed up where Tanjiro was with cuts on her and leaves on her red hair. She sighed at this as she tried to get rid of the leaves that were stuck on her hair, 'I don't know if I should compare this training to lady Tsunade' s though.' She thought as she looked up at where Tanjiro is dangling on as he swayed back and forth, trying to undo the trap.
.
.
.
"998!"