Chapter 10: The Smell of Enchanting Blood

Third Person POV

"Aaahhh!!!" The woman screamed in pain as people started to circle around them on what's going on.

"What's this?"

"What's going on?"

"I-Is that blood?"

Many people were freaked out at what they're seeing and they didn't know what to do. The demon let go of the woman and gnarled as the woman looked at him in fear. Nanami has her hand on the hilt of her sword with the intent to kill Muzan while everyone's distracted as she dangerously glared at him, she was about to draw her sword and go for the kill until she heard Tanjiro yelled.

"Stop it!" Tanjiro ran towards the demon, unveiling his blue scarf around his head and revealing his hanafuda earrings. While Muzan looked at the burgundy haired boy's earrings with familiarity in his eyes, like he saw those earrings somewhere before.

Tanjiro rolled his scarf around his hand and dived towards the demon to prevent him from eating the woman in front of a large crowd and put his scarf in the demon's mouth to bite on. Nanami snapped out of her intent and went to help Tanjiro by helping the injured woman.

As she ran past Muzan to help the woman, Muzan's eyes went wide when he saw Nanami's distinctive hair color as well as a spiral crest shape on the back of her haori, just like the Hanafuda earrings he saw those somewhere before.

"Dear!" The woman yelled, clutching her bloodied shoulder as she looked on in worry about her husband's action. Nanami kneeled down next to her, with so many people around them using medical ninjutsu in front of them would be a risk and would worsen the situation at hand, so she could only the logical situation while secretly using medical ninjutsu.

"Ma'am, you need to worry about yourself, dattebane! Does anyone have a cloth that I could borrow!" Nanami asked, a man came in and gave her a cloth as Nanami pressed the cloth down on the wound to stop the bleeding while secretly using medical ninjutsu to heal the woman's shoulder and the man helped her. While Tanjiro kept the demon down.

'It's all right! Somehow, it's going to turn out fine. The wife's wound isn't fatal plus Nanami-San's there!' Tanjiro thought, glancing at Nanami as she focused on healing the woman. While it wasn't shown, but he could smell that Nanami's healing the woman's wound in secret. He knows he can trust Nanami to heal the woman while he deals with the demon.

'It's going to be alright. This man hasn't killed anyone! Just a second ago, this man was just walking down this street!' Tanjiro thought.

The young girl in Muzan's arms, closed her eyes and dug her head to Muzan's chest as she couldn't handle the sight of it any longer.

"Are you alright?" Muzan worriedly asked his 'daughter' but Nanami knew that it was fake.

"You mustn't look. It's dangerous here, Rei. Let's move over there." Muzan said

'Where'd he go?' Tanjiro thought as he glanced back to see Muzan leaving the scene. Nanami took a glance at his direction angrily before treating the woman again. Tanjiro was torn between chasing after the man who murdered his family and turned his sister into a demon or handle the demon while Nanami healed the woman.

'Dammit! Dammit! I can't leave this man here! Let alone have Nanami-San handle the situation when she's treating the wife!' Tanjiro thought angrily, he knew Nanami is strong and can handle the demon but he knows that she has to treat the wife's wound and needed the demon down in order for her to finish treating the wound. But what he didn't know is that while Nanami went after him, she summoned a shadow clone and sent her clone to spy on Muzan in case they lost track of him.