Chapter 12: Together Forever

Third Person POV

As Tanjiro successfully cuts the Arrow demon's head with his modified breath. Nanami saw Tanjiro about to fall, as she immediately catches him. She gently puts him down while his arm is around her neck as support.

"Are you okay?" Nanami asked him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks Nanami-San." He answered while staring at the demon's body.

'We did it! The whirlpool move loses force when it's not underwater! But thanks to my opponent's attack, it gained power, and thanks to Nanami-San, we were able to envelope the arrows.' Tanjiro thought.

Yahaba's head crashed to the ground with his left eyeball hanging on it.

"Damn it! Curse you! Curse you! Curse you! All I had to do was bring both of your heads, and I would've won his approval! I"ll never forgive you! I'll never ever forgive you both! Shoving my face into this vile dirt!" Yahaba whined.
Tanjiro let go of Nanami and put his sword in front of them.

"You're both going down with me!" Yahaba yelled. Nanami then saw Yahaba's hands trembling and before she could warn Tanjiro, many arrows were planted in every direction in both of their bodies.

Both of their bodies vigorously collided with each other before fleeing to an opposite direction,'these arrows are much stronger than before! Even if I use hiraishin I would still go in another direction!' Nanami thought.

Nanami resorted to use breathing techniques to which she saw Tanjiro doing it to prevent his body being smashed. She went through many possibilities in her mind and thought using her techniques will not cut it.

"Water Surface Slash!" She yelled out, stopping an arrow from its directions. Until another arrow spawns in, dragging her to the air as she she quickly make a move.

"Water Wheel!"

"Twisting Whirlpool!"

"Drop Ripple Thrust-Curve!"

'I've never made this many moves before! It feels like both of my arms are gonna fall off! But I have to stay strong!' Nanami thought. Gripping the sword tightly ignoring the strains in her body as she kept unleashing move after move.

"Nowhere near enough! More... Suffer more!" Yahaba uttered angrily as his head slowly fades away.

Every move of the arrows, both Tanjiro and Nanami unleash many breathing techniques against it. However both of them can't resist much pain, more so for Tanjiro, and were both feeling exhausted by the consecutive moves they unleashed.

'How many more times? How many? Don't think about it! Just keep unleashing moves! Keep throwing them out!' Tanjiro thought. Whilst stopping the arrow with another breathing technique.

"Not yet! It's still not enough yet!" Yahaba uttered one last time before his head faded away, completely. The arrows in both Tanjiro and Nanami's body slowly disappeared, stopping them from moving further.

Nanami quickly teleported to Tanjiro, protectively wrapping her arms around him holding him. Her back facing the ground as they crashed to the ground. Nanami took most of the damage as they breathed heavily after surviving what seemed like a life-ending ride attack from Yahaba.

Nanami's POV

"O-ouch..." I uttered in pain. Thank goodness Kurama is with me, if not I would have suffered a couple of broken bones. I tried moving my wrist but flinch at the pain. Seems like I may have sprained my wrist doing all those many techniques.

"Tanjiro-kun, are you okay?" I said, glancing at him. He nodded and looked at me.

"Yeah... but are you hurt? I'm sorry... you were more injured than me and yet you were the one who looked after me." Tanjiro-kun said. I smiled gently and shook my head side ways. This boy is too kind for his own good. This must've what Nii-Chan felt when he protected me many times even though he's injured too badly.