↺ 025 : a little chat & a little liquor

WITH NO COMPANY, NO LAPTOP and nothing to distract myself with, the night progressed rather slowly

WITH NO COMPANY, NO LAPTOP and nothing to distract myself with, the night progressed rather slowly. It progressed so slowly that I began to rethink leaving Phi Kappa in such a hurry.

I decided to use the excess time for good-trying out a new skincare routine and washing my hair which was more of a tree than it was a bird's nest.

When the morning rolled along, it didn't take much dallying around for me to get out of bed and get ready for whatever class I had. I thought it was a little sad, but what was a person sans phone, work, and people? The whole no man is an island thing suddenly made a whole lot of sense.

I glanced down at my watch. I'd worn one today since I had no other means to check the time. I even took notes-lots of them. Talia would be so proud, but then again, screw her. I didn't care what she thought.

In other news, it was twelve-eighteen, and this lecture should've ended about thirty minutes ago.

Honestly, promising Colin a lunch date was the stupidest thing I could've done, especially considering the classes I had before noon. It was always like this. I thought all the overtime classes ended with highschool.

The lesson finally commenced twenty minutes later. I hurried out of the lecture hall with my bag flailing behind me. Colin would likely be pissed, or disappointed, and I couldn't blame him. It wouldn't be the first time I'd pulled a stunt like this. Granted, the stunts were never on purpose. Things just never seemed to work when it came to this. But he didn't get that, and I could not bring myself to blame him for it.

Fuck it. I blame the professor.

Sweet Cube was open, I could see. I paused in my rush. On one hand, there was an array of food I might not even have to pay for. I hadn't had the chance to eat before my classes, so I was starving, but ... I had somewhere to be.

I took a detour. After all, I needed to ask Colin where he was, and Nash might've seen my phone.

God was clearly rooting for me today, because even though Nash was nowhere in sight, Colin was seated on a barstool, right in front of the counter. I breathed a sigh of relief as I approached him.

"You're late," he grunted, hands buried deep in his golden hair. I frowned. "I'm kidding." He shot me a smile. "It's nice to see you."

"You saw me yesterday."

"This time's different. It's deliberate."

Hm was all I could say to that. I dropped my bag and went into the back to wash my hands and to plate freshly baked pastries. A perk of being an employee. I had to give it to Colin for ... showing up here of all places.

We moved to a window seat.

"Thank you," Colin said as I reached for a biscuit, "for not standing me up. I know I haven't been on my best behaviour. I'm sorry for all the times I might've offended you."