𝔞 𝔭𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔞𝔩 𝔠𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔦𝔡𝔞𝔱𝔢

╔ ———————————— ╗chapter  one╚ ———————————— ╝

╔ ———————————— ╗
chapter  one
╚ ———————————— ╝

The sound of raindrops hitting the window of a young Arabella's room was all that could be heard as the girl waited for her parents as she did every night.

Her back pressed against the back of the bed, her legs crossed as she played with a stuffed animal.

Footsteps could be heard in the distance, indicating that her parents were approaching. The young girl smiled broadly as the door opened, revealing her parents as she had expected.

Her father, every night without fail, sang to her before bedtime, while her mother sat on the other side of the bed, coddling her.

Only, unlike on other nights, that night in particular, she didn't finish listening to the song. Aknastasie next to her took advantage of her daughter's distraction to inject her with a tranquilliser.

The last thing arabella heard was her mother's voice apologising in a whisper.

When she woke up, she was no longer in her room, but in something like a cell. She was surrounded by white walls and a grille that prevented her from leaving.

The first thing that came to her mind was to scream at the top of her lungs for help, but she failed miserably, because no one seemed to hear her.

She fell silent when she heard voices in the distance, voices she recognised as those of her parents and a male voice she had never heard before, but which she would remember for the rest of her life.

And that unknown voice said something that sealed the girl's future in that horrible place.

"She is a potential candidate."