𝔡𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔫𝔢𝔰𝔰

╔ ———————————— ╗chapter fourteen╚ ———————————— ╝

╔ ———————————— ╗
chapter fourteen
╚ ———————————— ╝

Mascara running down her cheeks as well was tears, the smile that once adorned her face was long gone now as she sat in front of the vanity mirror in her room at the manor.

The mixed emotions she was feeling at the moment were overwhelming and confusing, not to mention her head felt as if it might explode at the emotions that took over her. She had been bottling up so much for so long and all it took for her to finally break was for Bruce to tell her the truth.

A part of her was glad he did, because ever since she had use of reason she had been looking for possible answers to the constant questions that kept her awake at night. However, the people she called parents not being her real parents wasn't what she expected.

Her real mother was a completely different woman, a woman she never got to know, a woman that gave up everything up, only for her daughter to end up meeting the faith Vera worked so hard to keep her safe from.

She didn't know who she was anymore.

She stared at herself in the mirror for a minute, hating every single on of the features she saw on it, a heartrending scream leaving her mouth as rage took over.

She had tried so hard to leave everything she went trough at the laboratory behind, she tried to get over it and burry those memories. She tried to always keep a smile on her face, showing her strength and assuring everyone of her well being, but this time it was enough to bring her down.

Her sobs could be heard from downstairs, where Bruce and Dick sat at the dining table, exactly where she had left them after Bruce finished explaining everything to her. She had tried to keep her emotions under control and simply excuse herself for a minute, but the second she opened her mouth to speak, nothing came out, she remained speechless for what seemed like an eternity before she managed to regain control over her body, and drag herself upstairs, not saying a word to the two men who stared at her with worried expressions painted all over their faces.

Dick's stomach turned in it's place every time a sob could be heard, his heart skipped a beat when he heard her scream, he truly felt physically ill just thinking about everything the girl was going trough.

She knew she wasn't as strong and composed as she made it out to be, he knew she felt confused and alone sometimes, but he also knew she was stubborn and would never admit it, scared that her problems would be a burden to the rest, after all she was used to being alone.

Guilt was consuming Bruce.

Questioning himself on whether he should have told her or not, and Dick noticed it.