𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔠𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤

╔ ———————————— ╗chapter ten╚ ———————————— ╝

╔ ———————————— ╗
chapter ten
╚ ———————————— ╝

Once again she was surrounded by the four walls she had grown up in and had grown to hate. The sound of the machines in the lab could be heard from far away and the atmosphere was full of emotions that overwhelmed the girl.

The voices in her head no longer whispered but began to shout things she could not understand.

She ached all over, she felt weak and every time she tried to scream, nothing came out of her mouth. 

Suddenly she felt someone grab her hand.

"Don't worry my child, you are strong, fight."

The voice that spoke to her was sweet and soft, and had a thick accent, she had never heard it before and she didn't know who it belonged to, but she felt at peace when she heard those words.

But that peace didn't last, as she felt herself being dragged backwards, back to that room she hated so much.

She was strapped to a gurney when she noticed someone approaching her holding a syringe.

"держать ее."

That voice she was so afraid of, that belonged to the person she hated the most, the person who had caused her so much pain.

It was when he began to inject her with the liquid that she felt that familiar pain, it was then that she screamed again, sitting up abruptly.

She tried to calm her breathing, realising that she was in her room in the tower and that it had only been a nightmare.

The pain didn't seem to go away though, that one was real. It felt as if her head was going to explode. She clutched both sides of her temples with her hands, trying to get the voices to stop but to failing miserably.

She remembered that the last time she had felt like this, Rachel was the only one who could help her, so she mustered what strength she had left, to get out of bed.

She staggered out of her room, clinging to the walls to keep her balance, but she didn't make it very far.

She didn't even reach Jason's room, which was the closest, when she fell to the floor. So she crawled to the door of the boy's room, and knocked weakly on it until she couldn't take it anymore and let herself be carried away by the pain, closing her eyes.

Jason was sleeping peacefully when he heard a light knock on his door, so he got off the bed to see what it was. When he opened the door he found Arabella, who was lying on the floor almost unconscious.

"Holy shit." He said before kneeling next to her. "Hey Arabella." He trie to shake her. "Shit shit shit." He started to freak out when the girl started to have some sort of seizure. "Okay, okay... I got you." He said as he held her in his arms.

"Dick!" He yelled for help, waking everyone from their sleep. "Come on man... Dick!" He yelled again as he carried the girl to the nursery room.

He heard footsteps approaching and not long after Kory came into the room, her annoyed expression changing to a worried one when he saw Jason on the floor with Arabella in his arms.

"What did you do?" She asked walking towards him.

"Why do you always assume I did something." He complained. "I heard a knock on my door and then found her outside like this." Jason explained.

They turned around when they heard voices coming closer, and then Gar, Rachel and Dick entered the room.

Dick's face darkening when he noticed what was happening.

"Oh god." Gar mumbled, and Rachel rushed to the girl's side.

"What happened?" Dick asked.

"I don't know, I found her like this." Jason explained once again.

"Rachel." Dick said turning to her. "You are the only one that can help her."

Rachel took a deep breath, she was scared of her powers and the damage she could provoke with them, but her friend was in pain and she had already helped her once, she just had to do it again without hurting her.

So, she placed both hands at the sides of the red haired girl's head, and allowed her powers to do the work.

Arabella stopped shaking and her breathing calmed down, the whimpering stopped and everyone felt relieved.

"Thank god." Rachel let out a sigh and Gar wrapped his arm around her shoulders supportively.

"What the hell was that?" Kory asked concerned. "Why does that happen to her?"

"We don't know exactly." Dick answered a bit embarrassed.

They really hadn't tried to figure out how the girl's powers worked or how to control them, all they really did was train and train.

"What do you mean you don't know exactly?" Kory asked, only getting more upset by the second. "That poor girl almost died and you said this has happened before, and you still haven't figured out why?"

"Don't act like it is my fault, she doesn't even know how to control her powers how are we supposed to help her."

The two adults continued arguing while the three teenagers placed Arabella in one of the beds, making sure she was comfortable.

"Oh no. Mom and Dad are fighting." Jason said.

Both Gar's and Rachel's heads turned to the boy, looking at him in disbelief.

"Read the room." Rachel spat, only for Jason to roll his eyes at her.

"You need to call Bruce." Kory said.

"That's not necessary." Dick answered.

"You know he has the technology to figure out what's wrong with Arabella, you are just letting your ego get in the way." She spat.

The three teens opened their mouths in shock.

"Oh don't give me that shit." He crossed his arms over his chest. "I'll call him tomorrow morning. We let her rest tonight. She needs it." His expression softened as he laid his eyes on the girl's fragile body laying on the bed.

And Kory witnessed it.

She noticed the way his attitude changed immediately and the spark on his eyes whenever her name was mentioned. That same spark he had the first time they kissed. But something was different this time, and Kory couldn't figure out what it was, but she was intrigued by it.

What she did know was that she had a good feeling about the girl.

"Please tell me this witch thing is not going to be a usual thing because as much as I like her, I need to sleep." Jason broke the silence.

"Jason!"

"Dude!"

"Again, read the room!