𝔟𝔞𝔱𝔠𝔞𝔳𝔢

╔ ———————————— ╗chapter twelve ╚ ———————————— ╝

╔ ———————————— ╗
chapter twelve
╚ ———————————— ╝

The first day at Wayne manor hadn't been too bad, Arabella had spent the entire day touring it, marveling at the paintings hanging on the walls, the chandeliers on the ceiling and the endless details it had.

Bruce and Dick, on the other hand, spent most of their time configuring different devices to test Arabella to find out the cause of her problems.

And so, when night came, they were ready to start the tests, so Dick went looking for her, and was surprised to find her playing cards with Alfred on the dining room.

"Bella." Dick called.

Alfred smiled internally at the nickname.

"Hi Dick." She greeted him, taking her eyes off the game to turn and look at him.

"Master Grayson." Alfred talked politely. "Is there anything you need?"

"Don't worry Alfred, just came looking for Arabella." He answered, offering his hand to her. She took it and stood up, placing her cards on the table.

"Maybe we can finish the game later, thanks for teaching me how to play." She gave him a smile before leaving with Dick. "We are we going again?"

—————————— • ——————————

"This is so cool!" Arabella exclaimed as she walked through the batcave. "This place is amazing."

"Glad you like it." Bruce spoke. "Now if you could please take a sit here." He pointed a weird looking chair.

Arabella frowned slightly but Dick was quick to talk.

"Don't worry, it just looks weird but I can assure you it's not dangerous."

"Okay, I trust you." She said as she sat down slowly.

"Now, we'll place this on your head." Bruce explained, showing her a kind of hat made out of cables. "And we'll see how you respond to different types of stimulation to try and figure out what kind of damage has been done.

"Okay." She said softly.

Dick placed the artifact on her head and Bruce turned it on.

Arabella felt the device starting to work. She could feel it starting to make its way trough her thoughts. She closed her eyes trying to relax but the feeling of someone looking through every memory and thought she ever had didn't exactly felt pleasant. Her body tensed as the device seemed to find the part of her brain that had been damaged by Gustav's experiments.