𝔪𝔢𝔢𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔎𝔬𝔯𝔶

╔ ———————————— ╗chapter nine╚ ———————————— ╝

╔ ———————————— ╗
chapter nine
╚ ———————————— ╝

Sometimes we do things we're not exactly proud of, and that night when they got drunk alone in the penthouse lounge was one of those occasions, so Dick and Arabella decided not to mention it to avoid embarrassment.

The next morning they were both surprisingly the first to get up, and when they met in the kitchen they both simply agreed with their looks that neither of them would say anything.

And just as they agreed, there was no more talk about that night and they went about their day quietly, well the training wasn't exactly easy when they were suffering from a severe headache, but they managed to complete their exercises without the others noticing anything.

Having cleared that up, we can now fast forward to the present —a couple days later—, in which a loud bang in the kitchen awakens Dick Grayson from his peaceful slumber.

He opened his eyes abruptly as soon as he heard the noise, scanning his room with his eyes and noticing that the clock read five past six in the morning.

He was immediately alarmed, because no one in the tower would willingly wake up at six o'clock on a Saturday morning.

Without delay he got out of bed and headed for the kitchen, grabbing the first thing he could find in his path for defence, this object being a baseball bat that Jason and Gar had once found in recycling bins and had decided to keep.

When he had finally reached the kitchen he found none other than the other four inhabitants of the Tower, all rushing about trying to complete different tasks.

Rachel was flipping pancakes in one pan and bacon in the other while Arabella was agitatedly stirring the batter to prepare the pancakes.

Gar was cleaning the counter and the blender —apparently someone forgot to put the lid correctly on the blender—, while Jason was mopping the floor.

"What the hell is going on?" Dick finally decided to ask.

All four heads turned around immediately after he spoke.

"What's with the baseball bat?" Jason asked.

"I'm the one asking the questions here." Dick smiled sarcastically.

And before Jason could mess things up, Rachel walked over to Dick and took the bat out of his hands and walked him to one of the stools.

"Remember when you told me that if I ever felt overwhelmed by being the only girl here, that I could always call Kory..."