1 • princess mel

"We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time

"We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time."

There's a little island that holds a lot of life called the Outer Banks or as the tourons would call it, Paradise on Earth. It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses. Melody Boudreaux is in the middle. She has a house, but that's all that it is- a house. It's not homey since it's just her there and her step father. They have a good bit of money but its limited due to the fact that its just life insurance money they collect on her mother that had passed a few years before.

Neither are really present. One stays doped up on the couch, sleeping his life away and the other, Melody, spends her time trying to have as much fun as possible in hopes that she can bury her feelings so far down that she just forgets about them. So for the majority of the time, she doesn't step foot in her house. Instead, she stays with her best friends in the cut. Surrounded by the ones who actually love her and want what's best for her.

Melody and John B have known each other for at least ten years. They've been with each other through both of their losses. He knows of her home situation and because of them being so close, he and his dad had allowed her to practically live at his house with no questions asked. And for that, she is eternally grateful.

There are only 2 things that make her feel at home- John B's house, and the waves. There's just something so calming about riding the waves and feeling the wind on her skin. The smell of salt water fills her with euphoria. She's thankfully not the only one to feel the same way. The whole group spends the majority of their time at the beach, on the waves, or in their boat- HMS Pogue.

Melody smiles contently as she stares at her best friend standing on top of the construction site with a beer in one hand while he tried to keep his balance. She knows that he is just messing with them and that he's perfectly fine so she just leans back on her elbows and tries to bask in as much sun as can- thankful that she wore shorts and a bikini top.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival." Pope pointed out, he is the genius one of the group. How they got lucky enough to be blessed with his friendship is beyond Melody. But she knows that they wouldn't survive without his knowledge. She's sure that if only one person were to make something of themselves in this group, it would be him. He's goal driven.