22 • thump, thump

When the coast cleared, Melody and Kie walked to her house to retrieve her car

When the coast cleared, Melody and Kie walked to her house to retrieve her car. Both of them hoping that Kie's parents wouldn't be there to stop them. Thankfully they were at their family restaurant, the Wreck, so the girls hopped in the car to go and retrieve the boys. They rode in silence most of the way back, too anxious to really talk. Melody was biting her fingernails nervously when they arrived to pick up the boys. She hopped out, spotting John B standing there with blood still on him. She sighed and searched around the building, once she found what she was looking for she returned to the group. "JB, follow me." She told him motioning to behind the building.

JJ jumped up, "Hey, hey, hey, What are you two doing?"

John B looked at him and only shrugged, Melody looked at the two blankly, stating, "To wash him off. We can't go anywhere with him looking like that." She motioned to all of the blood still on him before grabbing John B's hand and forcing him to the back of the building where there was a water hose hooked up. The rest of the group quickly followed them. Melody turned the hose on slightly so it would only be a little pressure from the water coming out. John B held his arm out for her to clean. She ran the water over it and began to clean the blood off of him. "What happened out there, JB?" She asked him softly, watching the blood run off his fingers.

"Yea, man, did you kill somebody?" JJ asked him, his eyes not faltering with how serious his question was.

John B looked at him and scoffed. "What? No! Ward.. he was trying to force Sarah to go to the Bahamas with him and the gold but Peterkin came and was about to arrest him for killing my-" he faltered, meeting eyes with the short blonde girl helping to get blood off of him. "Our dad. But.. but Rafe came out of nowhere and shot her. I tried to help but Ward he-" Melody watched as he shook his head, not being able to find the right words. "So I ran."

Melody turned the hose off and stared up at the sky in exasperation. They can never seem to catch a break. The Cameron's always have to fuck everything up for their own gain and they never get punished for anything they do. The sky grew darker as did Melody's thoughts as she just thought about murdering the young Cameron son for all that he's done to them.

"C'mon guys, we need to leave." Kie stated as she turned to go back to her car. John B and Pope quickly followed but JJ noticed how Melody was lost in thought, not moving.

He planted his hand softly on her cheek and pressed their foreheads together. "You okay, Mel?"

Melody reached up and placed her hand on his. Her eyes softened when they met his beautiful blue ones. She nodded her head, "Everything is just changing so fast." She didn't say more, but she said enough.

JJ wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her tight. Melody groaned from the slight pain she had but didn't complain because she loved when he held her like this. "As long as we're together, Mel, we'll be okay. We will be the only constant in this crazy new world. And when it's all over, we will go to Yukatan."