12 • badass ninja warrior

The next morning, the group wasted no time in getting ready and head out on their boat to look for the treasure

The next morning, the group wasted no time in getting ready and head out on their boat to look for the treasure. The sailed out in the direction of the coordinates and when they made it, John B said, "All right, JJ. Pin it here."

"Roger that! X marks the spot." JJ said as he lowered the anchor.

"All right, ladies and gentlemen." John B said, lowering the drone into the water. "To going full Kook."

Melody couldn't help but to watch the screen, finding it fascinating what was down in the ocean floor.

"All right, JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest." John B stated.

"Got it! Ten seconds northwest." JJ called out, steering the boat.

Kie was keeping track of the rope connected to the drone. "One hundred feet."

Melody and Pope gasped as they saw a beautiful manatee swim past in the monitor.

"What? What, what, what, what?" John B rushed over to them excited.

"It's nothing." Pope stated and John B groaned. "Sorry, I thought..."

"Don't do that to me, man." JJ said.

"I saw a pretty fishie!" Melody stated, eyes still glued to the monitor as fish kept swimming by the drone.

"And to quote The Hobbit," Pope stated before singing, "Down, down, to Goblin Town. Down, down, you go, my lad."

"Four hundred feet!" Kie yelled out, thunder rumbling in the distance. "The tide's turning."

The monitor started to beep as the boat was drifting away from where it needed to be. "Hey, JJ?" John B called out.

"Yup?"

"Ten seconds easy. South-southeast, all right?"

"Copy that!"

They continued to speak in a language that Melody didn't understand but it didn't matter to her because her eyes drifted off o the growing dark sky.

"Okay, 700 feet!" Kie called out.

"JB, this weather doesn't look good." Melody stated, noticing how fast the wind was picking up. The boat started to rock from riding the growing ripples on the water.

John B gave Melody a worried look before calling out, "JJ, hold it steady!"

"Okay, 900!"

"JJ, we'll turtle in this storm."

"920!"

"Crank it north by northwest! Ten seconds!"

Melody moved back to the monitor, stumbling from the boat rocking. She grabbed onto the boat to keep her steady. Her eyes begging the drone to find what they were looking for.