7 • crybaby mel

Big John has been missing for 9 months, and Melody means it when she says missing

Big John has been missing for 9 months, and Melody means it when she says missing. A lot like John B, she doesn't believe that he is dead. She can't, he was like a father to her. Before and after her mom died. John B and Melody have been best friends since they were little so it wasn't strange when one would be at the others house all the time. They always had sleepovers. Mostly Melody went to John B's because of how cool she always thought it was over there. But Big John loved and treated her like she was his own.

And when Melody's mother died, and everything with Steven started to happen, Big John welcomed her in with arms wide open. She even had her own room, which she never used because during the first two years after her mother died, she would just sleep in the same bed as John B, that's where she felt safe.

Big John took the two fishing a lot when they were younger, he taught them all kinds of survival skills. He took them on many treasure hunts. He is the last guy who would ever get lost at sea. The compass coming back to John B, had to be a sign that his dad is still alive. And Melody believed that it might help find him.

_____

On a normal day, Melody would've just gotten woken up by the sound of roosters in the morning, but on this glorious day, it was banging in the door.

"DCS! I know you're in there!"

Melody groaned and rolled her eyes, knowing what JJ's voice sounded like but she crawled out of the bed anyways. John B took over the couch for whatever reason. She trudged into the living room just in time to see JJ jump in front of the window banging on it, making John B jump. JJ busted out laughing, making fun of the face that his best friend made. Melody chuckled at them. "Hey pumpkin! Get dressed! We're going on an adventure!"

Melody just sent him a thumbs up and headed to go get ready, not having the same amount of energy as him this morning.

They didn't waste any time when she was ready and hopped in the Twinkie. Melody hopped in the back and sprawled out, taking full advantage of the empty seat, she put on her sunglasses and sat really still, not moving or speaking. John B started the car and took off. JJ turned to look at the girl, "You look real chipper today, Mel." He said sarcastically, causing her to shoot him a bird. He eyes her outfit, which was a pair of high-waisted daisy duke shorts and a cropped tank top that read, 'Be Happy' across the top. "You should listen to your shirt, gorgeous." He sent her a wink but she was already blushing at the compliment. He turned back around in his seat and stared at the road.