21 • runaway twinkie

The group, minus Pope, were sprawled out on the dock

The group, minus Pope, were sprawled out on the dock. Soaking in the early morning sun. Melody made sure to wear her sunglasses as the sun was giving her a headache. Pope was at his interview and Melody honestly was super proud of him for going. He deserved to go. He worked his whole life for this moment and she'd be damned if he was going to miss it.

Melody sighed and looked down at her left hand. Her eyes lighting up at seeing the twinkling ring. John B seemed to finally notice it when he glanced at her. His brows furrowed but he didn't move from his spot on the dock. "What's that?"

Melody blushed, "What's what?"

John B nodded, his eyes narrowing in on the ring. Melody watched as JJ turned around from his seat on the railing. "I liked it so I put a ring on it." He joked.

Kie snickered at his response. "He basically proposed to her."

"That's a bit soon. You can't even get married yet." John B retorted.

"Exactly." Melody responded. "We have two years before we can legally marry so times not an issue. Also you missed the basically part. It's technically a promise ring."

John B pursed his lips but looked to their other blonde friend. "If you hurt her, JJ, I will kill you."

JJ nodded his head. "Duly noted." He cleared his throat and scratched the back of his head. His cheeks turning a deep shade of pink. "Also technically it is an engagement ring. I got too nervous so I lied."

Melody laughed, she couldn't believe the absurdity of him. John B sighed and frowned, closing his eyes as he leaned his head back onto the planks of the dock. "I've got stuff to tell you guys."

"Uh oh." said JJ.

"What's wrong?" Melody asked him.

John B eyed her before looking at the other two girls. "Well I discovered that Melody and I are siblings."

"What the fuck?" Kie and JJ stated in shock.

Kie gagged, "But you kissed her."

Melody gagged again at the thought. "Don't remind me. I threw up twice."

"Like I said- we just found out. My dad was a whore."

Melody frowned. "I don't think he was a whore. My mom was a fox. I wish our parents were around to tell us the full story." JJ climbed down from the railing and wrapped his arm around the blonde girl for comfort. "Apparently Big John cheated on his wife with my mom. She moved away but when she remarried, she came back so Big John could be around me."