Chapter Eight

"So, I took your advice and decided to get to know Luke," Michael said as he was sitting down on his bed, talking on the phone with Calum.

"That's great!" Calum exclaimed, "What happened?"

"My - I mean our - art teacher chose partners for a project and Luke is my partner. We are supposed to draw or paint something that has to do with our partner. He suggested that we should get to know each other more and agreed to meet me at lunch by his locker tomorrow!" Michael shouted.

"Okay, Michael. Calm down," Calum said, "Don't you think you're getting a little too excited about this?"

"I'm just glad that he's finally talking to me for once and that he stopped ignoring me," Michael explained.

"Whatever you say. Just try to not be clingy or anything. Don't talk to him too much. No offense, but you do that a lot," Calum told Michael, "I know that you're glad that my advice worked and that you have the chance to talk to him and all, but just make sure that you give him some space. Respect his privacy. Otherwise, you'll most likely bother him and he'll go back to avoiding you."

"None taken. Thanks for helping, Cal," Michael said.

"No problem," Calum replied.

Michael felt his phone vibrate.

Hey, Michael. It's Luke from art class. Now you can save my number as a contact and text me if you want. What time do you want to meet me before school?

"Luke texted me!" Michael exclaimed.

"He gave you his number?" Calum asked.

"Actually, he asked for my phone number, so I gave it to him and he texted me about where I'm going to meet him tomorrow before school."

"Before school?" Calum asked, "Wow, this boy must have really changed you, Michael. You never get to school early - infact, you are late almost all of the time."

"Yes, before school," Michael answered, "I have to text him back. I don't want to keep him waiting any longer. I'll see you tomorrow, Cal."

"See you later," Calum said before hanging up the phone and ending the call.

Michael quickly opened his messages and saw Luke's number, creating a new contact in his name.

Luke :)

He then texted Luke back.

Is 7:45 A.M. okay with you? If not, I understand. I can figure something out so we can meet earlier or later.

Michael sat down on his bed and stared at the ceiling, waiting for Luke to reply.

"Be patient," Michael thought to himself.

From: Luke :)

Yeah, I think that's fine. So, I'll see you then.

Michael smiled.

To: Calum

I'm meeting up with Luke tomorrow at 7:45 in the morning and I'll be sitting with him at lunch, but I'll see you in class.

From: Calum

Alright. Like I said, don't get too clingy. Give the boy some space.

To: Calum

I know. I will. Thanks. See you tomorrow.

With that, Michael turned his phone off and started his homework, but got a little distracted thinking about Luke.

Author's Note: Hi! So I finally updated this story, and I'm glad that people like it so far!

What are your thoughts on Luke texting Michael?

The fact that Muke will meet up soon?

Calum's advice for Michael?

If you have any questions for this story, let me know and I will be happy to answer them! -Megan :-)