Chapter Nine

Luke woke up at seven 'o' clock in the morning the next day. He grabbed his phone and texted Michael.

Just woke up. I'll probably be at school by 7:40. See you soon!

Luke almost instantly got a reply.

From: Michael

Okay. I'll get ready for the day. I thought we were meeting at 7:45. ;)

To: Michael

We are. Is it wrong that I want to be there early? :-(

From: Michael

No, nothing's wrong with that. See you later!

To: Michael

See you! :-)

From: Michael

Why did you put a nose in your smiley face?

To: Michael

Because I just think that every face needs a nose.

From: Michael

Stop texting me so we can meet up already! ;)

Luke smiled. He set down his phone, opened his closet and put on an All Time Low t-shirt, a pair of black skinny jeans, and a pair of black Vans that were slightly big on him, but he didn't really care about his appearance very much.

Honestly, he was excited to meet up with Michael. He had always wondered why Michael found him interesting and hoped to finally learn the reason.

Luke arrived at school at 7:40 A.M., just like he said he would. He didn't see Michael anywhere and figured that he had just enough time to stop by his locker to drop off a couple of his heavy textbooks that wouldn't be used until later in the day.

After locking his locker, Luke pulled his phone out of the back pocket of his jeans and saw a new text.

From: Michael

Where are you? I'm at the front of the school waiting for you.

"Michael is outside waiting for me," Luke thought to himself, "He must be really interested in me."

Luke put his phone in his pocket and ran outside.

He walked around in front of the school building and bumped into somebody.

"I'm so sorry," Luke mumbled before turning around and looking at the ground.

Luke looked up and saw the person he accidentally bumped into. He looked confused for a moment, and then realised that he had just bumped into Michael.

"Michael!" Luke exclaimed, "I'm so, so sorry. I'm such a klutz."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it. I'm a bit clumsy, too," Michael told him, "Now, where's this locker of yours where we're supposed to sit by?"

"Here it is," Luke said, pointing to his locker.

He tried to twist the combination lock, but it wouldn't work.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked, assuming Luke was frustrated.

"Nothing," Luke answered, "I just can't get the stupid combination right."

"Here, let me help," Michael said, "What's your combination?"

"It's thirty-six, then two, then twelve," Luke explained.

Michael nodded and unlocked the combination lock within seconds, as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

"See?" Michael asked, "Easy as pie."

"Maybe for you," Luke said jokingly, rolling his eyes.

Michael laughed.

"We should probably get to class so we're not late," Luke told Michael, "I'll see you during art - wait, no, I'll see you at lunch!"

"See you then!" Michael exclaimed before walking away with a smile on his face, trying not to blush.

Author's Note: Hi! I'm sorry I haven't been updating this story (or any of my stories) regularly; I've been really busy with school. Also, this is kind of a filler chapter, so sorry about that. The next chapter will hopefully be more interesting.

What do you think about Michael and Luke texting?

Them meeting up at Luke's locker?

The fact that they're about to have lunch together and get to know each other more?

Thanks for reading this story, and I hope you enjoy it so far!

-Megan :-)