Chapter One

Beep!

"Shut up!" Luke exclaimed, hearing his alarm clock go off.

After hearing it beep again and again on a continuous loop, Luke looked at the clock and realized that he only had a half an hour to get ready, eat breakfast, and go to the bus stop to get to school.

"Crap!" he exclaimed, "I can't be late on the first day!"

He opened his closet door and grabbed his "You Complete MeSS" tank top, a pair of skinny jeans and black shoes before brushing his teeth. He found his can of hairspray and styled his messy blonde hair into a quiff.

He put his tank top on as he rapidly ran downstairs to have breakfast.

The clock on his phone read 7:15 A.M.

Luke grabbed an apple from the refrigerator and put his backpack on his shoulder before waving goodbye to his mom and heading outside.

He sat on the bench at the bus stop, waiting for his new method of transportation to arrive.

His phone beeped, indicating that he had a new text message from Tristan.

Hey. I overslept, so I might be late to school.

To: Tris
It's okay, I understand. I'll see you later.

From: Tris
Sounds good to me.

Luke put his phone in his pocket and carefully stepped on the bus. He looked around, debating on where he should sit. He didn't want to sit in the back and deal with drama, but he didn't want to sit in the front and deal with awkward silence. He decided to sit in the middle and listen to music on the way to his new school.

He opened the Spotify application on his phone and put his All Time Low playlist on shuffle. The ride to his new school wasn't too long, nor was it too short. The bus stopped a few times to pick up a few other teenagers going to Norwest, and then the bus finally stopped at the school building.

Luke took a moment to look at the building from outside, then ran inside and went into the office to retrieve his schedule.

1st Period: World History, Room 202

2nd Period: Geometry, Room 303

3rd Period: English 10 Honors, Room 404

4th Period: Gym/Physical Education, School Gymnasium

5th Period: Spanish 1, Room 501

Lunch Break

6th Period: Biology, Room 603

7th Period: Art, Room 704

Luke checked his phone once more and saw that the tardy bell was about to ring.

"Crap," he mumbled, "I knew I was going to be late."

He looked at the map that was attached to his schedule and was confused as to where he was going.

Luke roamed the halls of Norwest Christian College and saw a boy, a bit shorter than him, that had his blonde hair styled in a fringe.

"Excuse me?" Luke asked, tapping the boy on the shoulder, "Do you know how to get to Room 202?"

"Yes," the boy answered as he turned around and saw Luke, "May I see your schedule?"

"Sure," Luke said with a smile as he politely handed his class schedule to the shorter boy.

"Section 2 is the section with all the History classes. From here, you turn this corner on the right, and walk straight until you see a room with a piece of paper with the words "World History" taped to the window," the shorter boy answered, "Section 3 has all the math classes, Section 4 has all the English classes, Section 5 has all the foreign language classes, Section 6 has all the science classes, and Section 7 has all the art classes."

"What about Section 1?" Luke asked.

"Oh, that's where the auditorium is. All the choir and dance shows take place there. I've never been there before, but I've heard that it's huge," the boy said.

"Alright. Thanks for the help," Luke said.

"No problem," the boy replied, "I'm Ashton, by the way."

"Luke Hemmings," Luke told Ashton, "Aren't you going to be late?"

"Yeah, but it's okay. I have an A in my first period class, so I'm pretty sure that one tardy won't affect my grade," Ashton said.

With that, Luke waved goodbye to Ashton and ran to Room 202.

Luke looked at the windows of all the classrooms until he saw one with a piece of paper that said "World History" on it, just like Ashton had described.

"This must be it," Luke said to himself.

He opened the door and walked in, seeing that the teacher was in the middle of a lecture. Some of the students were paying attention, while others were trying to sneak their cell phones into class and hide their devices under their desks.

The teacher turned around and paused her lecture mid-sentence.

"Oh! You must be our new student!" she exclaimed, "Lucas Hemmings, right?"

"Yeah, that's me. You can just call me Luke, though," Luke replied.

"Alright," the teacher said, "you can sit down in that seat next to Mr. Hood."

Calum rolled his eyes; he hated that the teacher never called him by his first name.

"Okay," Luke said, "Sorry that I'm late, by the way."

"It's your first day. I'll let it slide," the teacher told him before he let out a sigh of relief while walking to his seat.

"Now, where was I?" the teacher asked herself out loud before continuing her lecture from where she left off.

Michael was casually walking down the hallways to get to his sixth period class on time.

He was looking at his phone, not paying attention to his surroundings, when all of a sudden he tripped on somebody's foot and fell to the ground.

He looked up and saw a boy who was a few inches taller than he was, and had blonde hair perfectly styled into a quiff.

"Hey!" Michael exclaimed, "Watch where you're going!"

The boy rolled his eyes and picked up his belongings.

Michael spotted a very detailed drawing out of the corner of his eye.

"Ooh, what's that?" he asked with a look of curiosity on his face.

"That is none of your business," the blonde boy said as he continued to pick up his belongings and walk to his next class.

Michael wondered who this boy was and why he seemed so mysterious. He was determined to find that out.