02 : ICE CREAM

"SEE YOU later Deku-kun! Goodluck!"

Izuku stared at his friends who quickly walked away as soon as their teacher dismissed them. He tried stopping them but he couldn't. Iida purposely finished all his works as class representative just so he could leave Izuku and you alone.

One by one his classmates started to pack and leave also making him shift uncomfortably on his seat. You also bid goodbye to your classmates as you wait them all before approaching Izuku.

He couldn't look at you and just stared at the board. He can feel your stare but he chose to ignore it since he doesn't know how to approach you. He then remembered what Iida said about you approaching him.

He shook his head repeatedly. He can't let you be the one who approach him! But still, he doesn't know how to. It seems like all the confidence he has would leave his body every time you are involved.

"Midoriya-san." You called him making him flinch. You walked over to him causing a blush make its way to his face.

"(L-L/N)" I stuttered again!

You stared at him. Izuku tried so hard to not blush too hard while he looked away, he bit on his lip trying so hard to not act suspicious. He saw the glimpse of your (e/c) eyes looking intently at him, he could almost see it shining and it's too fascinating for him.

I'm talking to her! She's in front of me! Do I look normal? She's so pretty!!!

He's currently having an internal crisis when he heard you speak again. He look back at you again earning a smile from you. He wanted to look away again but he knew that it's only a lifetime opportunity to see you smile up so close, so he grabbed it.

"I'm sorry for staring, I'm actually quite shock that Iida-kun approached me to help you with your hero analysis." You spoke honestly while scratching your arm, a habit you do when you're embarrassed or anxious.

"It's okay! I-I do hope it's not a b-bother helping me!" He blurted out. You were shock because of his sudden outburst but decided to not pay attention to it.

"Of course not! I also want to help. So, how about we take a walk as we get started on your journal?" You asked him which he replied with a nod.

He's gonna lie if he'll say that he wasn't looking forward to it.

.

"Mina would often do a finger exercise before using her quirk on trainings, she said it's a habit of her that she got from someone." You said making the green haired boy nod while taking down notes obviously trying not to look at you too much which made you curious.

It wasn't that quiet since there were still people around the park along with the sounds of the birds flying around, you kept on talking also meanwhile Izuku is the opposite. He would reply with a nod or just a simple hmm but other than that he didn't say anything. It's awkward as you stroll around the park just beside the school's dorm.

You certainly don't know how to talk to him since you don't know what type of topics he would seem to enjoy. After all that one time when you first tried to approach him by asking a question which is an excuse to ask him to be your friend, he ended up running away from you which made you think maybe you made him uncomfortable and the thought saddened you.

"Meanwhile Denki, he's actually pretty nice just the fact that he'll damage his brain when he uses his quirk too much. He often would ask if anyone wants to charge their phones after a training. I think it's about him overworking himself, I'm worried but I can't stop him he seems determined every time." You smiled.

Denki has always been a nice person if though he is a crackhead most of the time. You would often ask him to charge your powerbanks or cellphone after the training before he could even ask. Even if he didn't tell you, you can see it in his face that he appreciated it.

"T-that's nice of Kaminari-kun." Izuku said still writing on his notebook. You nodded as an answer, happy that his response has been longer than the previous minutes.

You walked past a ice cream vendor. You held on Izuku's shirt to stop him from walking, it took a while for Izuku to process things and looking back at you just to see your gaze on the ice creams.

If you would look at him you would see the blush on his face. You look cute as you eye the ice cream and your hand holding into the shirt of the boy with freckles.

"How about we get some ice cream, Midoriya-kun?" You asked him before smiling and pulling him not waiting for an answer. He didn't protest though and just let you.

To be honest a sudden thought entered your mind when you saw those ice creams. You're silently hoping that Izuku would love it!

Izuku's mind is still replaying the scene of you holding onto him. He's gonna remember that for the rest of his life.

"Midoriya-san." You called him as you hide the ice cream behind your back.

He looked back at you. Letting out the breath that he didn't knew he was holding in.

I'm not gasping for air, he denied but he knew deep inside that he's about to lose consciousness by the mere sight of you.

"(L/N), do you need help ordering? I-I can pay for you." He said while taking out his wallet, you stopped him causing for him to look at you curiously.

At the time you showed him the ice cream a wide smile made it's way to his face while eyeing the familiar looking ice cream.

"I tried doing an all night inspired ice cream!" You happily told him. The ice cream has three scoops, an apple flavored one, blueberry and mango which resembles the color of all might's costume.

You don't know Izuku that much but one thing for sure, he loves All might.

"I can't accept that from you! You paid for those—" he tried to decline but you just shoved the ice cream on his hand so he had no choice and just take it.

"No worries Izuku! I bought those just for you and in-fact I'm not a huge fan of ice creams." You smiled earning a happy yet shy smile from him.

He smiled at you genuinely. "Thank you, (L/N)."

"It's okay, after all, we'll get to be with each other more often!" You cheered making him nod.

Both of you decided to go back to the dorms since the sun is setting down. You walked beside each other in silence but unlike earlier it wasn't awkward it is rather comforting as Izuku ate his ice cream and you hum a song.

Even if the walk was awkward, you both enjoyed it as you learned another personality that the other has.

is this too cringe? I'm not good at romantic stuffs or fluff, but I do hope I did some justice on this chapter. Next chapter will contain Izuku's entry on his journal :))

I also added some head canons like mina doing a finger exercise and denki  with the charging thingy, I haven't read the manga so excuse me for such lousy head canons.