07 : PARTNERS

"PLEASE work on your projects

"PLEASE work on your projects."

It has been days since the friendly date between you and Izuku had happened. You still haven't talked to Monoma since he is purposely ignoring you, you don't know the reason though. You're still trying to reach to him but he's being extra annoying.

It's also kind of rare that you're with Izuku early in the morning and you're working on something that isn't about his hero journal.

And that's happening right now.

Walking beside him as you hold on a pad of paper and tapping the pen on it, it's actually Izuku's all might pen that you borrowed from him since you forgot yours. Izuku on the other hand kept his distance again, not wanting to brush his arm against yours—he's shy.

Just like in those cliché high school dramas, you have been assigned as partners for the project so both of you decided on doing it on the library to have easy access on informations.

Making way inside the library and placing your things on an empty table it's not that hard to find an empty one since it's actually class hours and your class has been granted to go outside class ( Aizawa probably wanted to sleep again )

"Midoriya-san, I'll just look for books that will help us. You want to come? You can just stay here if you like." You asked him making sure to maintain eye contact. He nodded as he made way to one of the corners.

.

"(L/N) will we need this?"

Izuku asked as he showed you a book which he's not really sure if it would help in the project. Taking it from him you scanned the pages before nodding.

You nodded as an answer before holding the book. "Yes, we would."

"I—uhm, I'll carry the book for you." He offered since the book is kind of thick and it looks heavy. Truth to be told he didn't want you to carry anything at all, even that pad of paper from earlier.

Raising your other hand to show him your arm acting like you have muscles. "Nah! See? I'm strong!" You joked before walking away to look for more books.

He smiled before catching up to you.

Both of you had gathered enough books for the project but it seems like you got a little carried away, scanning through some books that caught your attention before proceeding to other shelves and doing the same.

"Midoriya-san, come here!" You yelled but covering your mouth afterwards after realizing that you're in a library, you got a little excited to show him the book that caught your attention again.

A slightly giggling Izuku walked towards you.

"Did you find something?" He asked slightly leaning forward.

Taking the book out and showing him the cover you smiled. A green rabbit and a yellow dog on the cover that looks exactly like Izuku and their fellow classmate which is Bakugo. You couldn't maintain your giggles because of the coincidence.

"Look! Doesn't this look like you and Bakugo?" You told him while point the animals on it.

Izuku let out a smile, he didn't know if he should be happy since you're happy also or feel ashamed because of it, it was almost like he got compared to a rabbit especially Kacchan also. If his friend was here, he'll beat the life out of you.

"I-It does." He answered with a sigh.

"Cute, isn't it." You said while sliding the book back to where you got it from.

"Yes, you're cute." He answered. It kind of slipped out of his mouth. Eyes widening and cheek turned red, he covered his face in attempt to lessen the embarrassment.

What did I just say? Did I sound weird? I mean, its got to be normal to say that to someone who helps you right? Even though you're not close—?

"What?"

"I-I-I mean—" He blushed even more seeing you.

Your ears turning red also because of the compliment, sure you get complimented a lot, you didn't know what was different if it came from him. It's weird.

You choked before looking away. "I mean, you're cute too."

This time, it's his time to gape. "What?"

Quickly turning around you started walking back to your table. "I think we got a lot of books now. We should start on our project." You changed the subject.

"R-Right." Izuku followed, his heart thumping even more. 'It's not love, I swear'. It can't be.

OH LMAO ITS GOOD FROM THE BEGINNING AND IN THE LAST I JUST THREW SOME SCENES AND CHARAN😖

NO CUZ I SAW A BOOK WHERE A GREEN RABBIT AND YELLOW DOG ARE THE COVER PLS THATS WHY I ADDED IT HERE, BUT SADLY IT DIDNT LOOK LIKE BAKUGO AND MIDORIYA, IF IT DID I WOULD BUY IT EVEN IF ITS A FREAKING KID'S STORY🤸🏻‍♀️