➳12

Pose just like that huh!~

It was afternoon time when Kiara decided to go to the natatorium for practice

It was afternoon time when Kiara decided to go to the natatorium for practice. She needed to pass this test no matter what. She asked Chenle to come and practise with her but he said he was busy. And by busy, he meant playing chess with the principal. Yes the principal and Chenle became closer. She did know how but they did. Actually one day, the merman went to the principal's office for some reason and saw him playing chess with one of the staffs and the older man was always winning. He asked Chenle to play with him so that he could show the younger his skills but unfortunately the younger boy won against him which left him in shock as the staff muffled his laugh. And yeah from there it all started.

As soon as she entered the swimming hall, she saw the back of the boy whom she was ignoring for two weeks. Actually it was not ignoring, they just didn't have anything to talk about. She couldn't even tell him to go away because the hall wasn't her property. She sighed and walked on the other side of the pool infront of him without even glancing at him. This didn't go unnoticed by the male as he saw her going to the changing room.

Mark was just minding his own business - just writing some poems on the notebook while sitting near the pool. When he heard some footsteps, he looked at the person through his eyelashes without moving his head and yes his jaw dropped. She was wearing a dark blue one piece swimsuit which defined her body curves properly. She was wearing a swimming cap with goggles up on her head as he could see her back because of the backless costume. He swallowed his saliva as he diverted his attention on his notebook trying his best to not look at the girl.

She saw Mark scribbling something on his notebook. She scoffed and did some warm up exercises. Mark heard the sound of the splash of the water which meant she was now in the pool. He looked up and saw her immersing herself into the water for a few times and then she started to swim. He observed how she swiftly but smoothly went from one end of the pool to another. His eyes were stuck on her figure. He wondered how can she swim so perfectly, so different than others as if she was born in water only. He wondered if that incident of his childhood never happened, how his life would be. Maybe be he would have been happier with no more fears.

Few minutes later, Kiara stopped at the end of the pool and put her goggles up. She turned around and looked accidentally their eyes met. He was staring back at her. The moment she looked at him, Mark's heart skipped a beat. He wanted to tell something to her but didn't know what. Feeling flustered, the girl turned around and put down the goggles again and dived into the water as she began doing underwater swimming. She could hold her breath longer than others- an advantage of being a mermaid and that's why she covered the entire length of pool in one breath.

Seeing her not coming out of the water made Mark worried. But when he saw her head out at the other end of the pool, he sighed in relief. He wondered how it is possible to hold the breath for so long. Then, he questioned himself again why she made him feel something although they never talked much because Mark pushed her away for which he felt bad.