➳59

If "Happy Ever After" did exist~

Kiara and her friends got out of the kingdom and were heading towards the north. They stopped for a while and hid behind a huge rock surrounded by aquatic plants so that if the enemies came, they won't see the group. They had weapons in their hands incase the enemies attacked them. Jaemin and Jeno were carrying quivers on their back full of arrows and each of them had a bow. Jeno was an expert in archery but he did teach his bestfriend a little bit of archery. Mark and Kiara had swords, Haechan and Yumi would use pole weapons, for Chenle and Renjun it was the spears and Jisung would be using a dagger. These weapons were provided to them by Prince Seongjin for their protection.

"We came out of your kingdom but now what?", Haechan asked as he took heavy breaths.

"We need to find the sword as soon as possible", she answered.

"Yes but do you even know where it is?", Jeno questioned.

"Let me see." Chenle took out a thick book given by Seongjin, from his bag which was hanging on his shoulder. He passed the book to the royal girl.

She opened it and started to turn the pages until she found the particular page where it was written about the legendary sword. She was going through the pages in silence.

"In which language is it?", Yumi asked when she saw the words written in some other language which was unfamiliar to her.

"It's our ancient language. Only royals are taught this language now. Normal citizens don't know this language", Kiara said.

"Although I'm not a royal, I also know this language. It's called Mersious", the orange-haired merman said which made the others nodded their heads with their lips forming an 'o'.

After a long time, she closed the book and said, "Let's go!"

"Huh? You know where it is?", Jaemin asked.

"It's clearly not written here but I got a clue. When the war was held between our ancestors and Kyungseo gang, it happened in a place towards the northeast of Pyeonghwa, near the sunken ship. They probably hid the sword somewhere around the place.

"Huh? The drowned ship? I never went there. I don't know where it is", Chenle said.

"But I went... with unnie once. We don't have much time. The war will start soon. Let's go!" Kiara peeked through the big plants to see whether the route was clear or not. Seeing no one else was there, she came out of the hiding spot as her friends followed her. Mark held Kiara's hand as they looked at each other. The guy flashed a small smile to indicate that he would be with her and then, they started their journey.

"It will be a long journey so we need to swim fast", she instructed the others.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇