➳25

I'm a good girl yeah~

The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky as the blanket of stars stretched to the infinity

The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky as the blanket of stars stretched to the infinity. The occasional barking of faraway dogs broke the silence of the night. The mermaid was sitting at her desk and writing down the notes for the upcoming mini class test- her long black hair was tied into a messy high bun and some strands of her hair shaped her beautiful face.

She looked up at the wall clock. It was 9:30 p.m. At that time, she heard the clicking sound of the door knob indicating that someone was about to enter the room. Her eyes diverted to the direction of the door when her orbs met with hers as the newcomer stepped into the dorm. There was an unnatural silence before the older girl went straight to the bathroom with some fresh clothes without uttering any word, to take a fresh hot shower. The warm water relaxed her body and after changing into the clean clothes, she came out of the bathroom. Her hair was dried with the hair dryer- it didn't take much time because her hair was short.

Yumi looked at the younger whose focus was on her notebook, writing some important things. She felt bad for shouting at her that day. She was totally out of her mind at that time seeing Mark in that state. But the male told her that he himself fell into the pool and it was not Kiara's fault. Yumi never doubted that the girl could do that. She knew Kiara was very nice and won't do anything that'll harm her friends. She felt really bad acting rudely to her. The female took her chair and put it beside the younger girl as she took her seat. "Kiara...", she spoke in a low voice while her head hung low.

Kiara looked up and then flashed a smile. "Have you eaten dinner?"

Yumi was shocked to her smile. She thought that Kiara would ignore her or something but instead of that, she asked her a simple question as if everything was normal. Indeed she was a pure girl.

"Yes..." She nodded.

"Me too. Let's go to sleep then. I'm done", Kiara said as she closed the notebook.

"No actually I wanted to apologize."

She broke out in a light chuckle. "If you are talking about that day, then it's ok. I know you became very scared and you were not thinking straight."

"But I shouldn't have shouted at you. I'm sorry."

The mermaid put her hand on top on the older's hand which was on her lap and squeezed it lightly. "Hey hey I told you everything is okay."

"You are really a nice person Kiara." Both of them beamed at each other. "Actually Mark means a lot to me. I have known him for my entire life. You know when we were coming to South Korea, his parents told me to take care of him. He suffered a lot back in Canada. He used to be a very jolly boy but now he is only close to us and doesn't want to mix with new people."

"I can understand."

"Does he still act rudely to you?"

"I guess not anymore."