➳46

So far away but still so near~

The twenty-one-year old boy was on his way to the next class when he saw a familiar figure running through the crowd of the students

The twenty-one-year old boy was on his way to the next class when he saw a familiar figure running through the crowd of the students. He clearly saw her tears rolling down her cheeks and falling on the ground. Without thinking twice, he chased her and ended up in the ice stadium. His eyebrows were pulled down as a frown appeared on his face seeing the girl sitting on the bleachers. Her face was hid under her hands as sobs could be heard from afar in that quiet stadium. Jeno understood something definitely happened which made her react like that. He sighed and took quiet steps and walked closer to her only to kneel down and put his hand on her head and caress her short brown hair.

Yumi flinched and opened her eyes. Her eyes were turned red as the eyelashes were wet. Seeing this face of hers, broke his own heart and he couldn't greet her with his famous eye smile like always. "Why are you crying?", he asked although he guessed the answer.

"Jeno..." The male made her stand up with him and she faced him with her uneven breaths.

The male cupped her cheeks with his big hands and wiped her fallen eyes. "Crying doesn't suit you.... Did you confess?"

Another wave of tears came out of her eyes. "C-confess? Jeno... there's no use in that."

He held her shoulders and gazed into her orbs. "What happened?"

"I saw Kiara so I followed her to the lake and saw Mark asking her to be his... g-girlfriend. They were about to k-kiss but I ran away because I... I couldn't see it. He said me to stop without even telling me directly..... But why Kiara? Why her? Am I not good enough? I looked after him for years!!! And he chose her?!"

"Yumi! Yumi! Yumi! You can't change it now. You can't make someone fall in love with you if they don't want to."

"B-but I want to know why her? What am I lacking in?"

"You are not lacking in anything. You are perfect... atleast in my eyes."

"I never knew I would feel like this. It fucking hurts!!! I did everything for him but M-mark...."

"Yumi..." His eyes softened.

He pulled her into a hug as her arms wrapped around his body and the sobs came out automatically. He caressed her back to give her comfort. The love he had for her was showing as tears formed in his eyes which he tried to hold back. He gave a kiss on her forehead. He didn't know if he had the right to do so but atleast that's what his heart told him to do.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

On the other hand, Kiara ran to the rooftop in need of fresh air as she felt suffocated. She couldn't hold back anymore as tears rolled down her cheeks. "Why did I do that? I hurt him." Well how could she accept his proposal when Yumi's face came to her mind at that time? She knew if the older girl got to know this, she would get hurt. She couldn't date her friend's crush because for her friendship is more important. But on the other side, rejecting Mark made her lose him which also saddened her. The mermaid messed her black hair and crouched down while grabbing her head with tears continuously flowing. 'It's ok. I'm not here for long. Chenle was right I should not fall for a human', she tried to reassured herself.