➳53

L.A. on a Saturday night in the summer~

 on a Saturday night in the summer~

Next day.

Chenle in his swimming class was talking with his friends while doing some exercise. Their coach didn't come yet while the boys were all in their swimming shorts ready to jump into the pool.

"Hey! Chenle, are you ready for the competition?", one guy asked.

The male nodded in reply.

"I think Chenle will definitely win."

"I also think so. He has become the best swimmer among the boys in our university. His speed is insane."

Hearing his friends complimenting him, made him smile shyly.

"HELLO!!!" At that time, a voice grabbed their attention. The group of boys looked at the tall male who was wearing his swimming shorts and swimming cap. Broad shoulders, well-built body and a handsome face. A smirk was plastered on his face and his hands were crossed. His eyes adverted to the orange-haired boy. "Zhong Chenle! I challenge you."

Everyone in that spot gasped. Chenle furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "What?"

"You heard me right. Let me show you who the champ is", he said, nudging his head at the pool.

"Hey! You know whom you are challenging right?", one of the students questioned.

"Ofcourse. Zhong Chenle." He looked into the younger's eyes.

"Who are you?", the merman asked.

"That's not important. The thing which is important is that whether you will accept my challenge or not. You aren't scared right?"

Chenle narrowed his eyes and said, "Get ready to lose."

He just flashed a mischievous smile and put on his swimming goggles.

Now the two were standing on the starting blocks. Another guy was standing at the edge of the pool. He looked at his other friends and then at the two competitors as he shouted, "You will do freestyle! Only one round! Ready! Get! Set! Go!!!" And exactly at that instant, the swimmers jumped into the pool and started the race. Chenle was leading it and his friends smiled, thinking Chenle would obviously be the winner. But something unexpected happened later. After they reached the end of the pool and rolled to start going back to the original point, the new boy took up some speed and started to reach at Chenle's level. All other boys' jaws dropped when that guy surprisingly went passed by the merman and touched the end point first. Few seconds later, Chenle reached the end and put his goggles on his forehead as he looked at the male with a shocked face.