➳42

I want to try again~

August started and the temperature was still high

August started and the temperature was still high. The sun was at it's usual position, shining brightly in the sky. "Why are we here?", Kiara asked as she entered the ice stadium with Jaemin. Now they were standing just infront of the huge ice rink. A wave of coldness hit her skin which made her relaxed after walking in the scorching heat outside. She noticed that no one was in the stadium except them.

"Remember? This is the place where we met for the first time", Jaemin said, a beautiful smile was lingering on his lips.

"Yeah." She nodded. "You were the first student I talked to here. Time flies so fast. Now we are so close."

"Right. I just thought to take you here. Wanna skate with me?"

"But I don't know how to ice skate."

"It's ok. I'll teach you", he said and went to a room and then returned with two pairs of ice skates. "What do you say?"

"Hmm... ok!", she accepted his proposal after a little hesitation.

After they were done with putting on their ice skates, the girl stood still on the ice, holding the pole, too scared to even move a bit. On the other hand, Jaemin being a speed skater was perfectly skating on cold, hard ice. He completed one round of the rink very quickly and then he twirled, spread his arms and raised his one leg up from the back as his upper body leaned forward. Then he jumped and then skated in circles but in backward direction. He kept on doing stunts which amazed the mermaid. Now he was standing just infront of her with a big smile as she was just looking at him with her mouth open.

Jaemin giggled and asked, "What happened?"

"I thought you are just a speed skater but you know how to figure skater too. Wow!"

He chuckled and replied, "I learned it for a few years in my childhood."

"Wow. It was beautiful. You did so well."

"Thanks. Now do you wanna give it a try?", he asked as he extended his hand.

She chewed her bottom lip but at the end, she grabbed his hand which made the boy happy.

He tightened his hold on her hand and thought, 'I thought that I would hold your hand forever but I guess not every wish comes true.'

She left the pole and quickly held the boy's arm for support. He slowly took her to the center of the ice rink. Jaemin slowly let her go as he saw her struggling to keep her balance. She was standing still, not even moving her limbs- too scared of falling down on her butt. Jaemin chuckled and took her both hands in his. "Why are you so stiff?", he asked.

She loosened up a bit under his touch as she knew she would not fall because of him.

"Sorry I left you that day", he said with an apologetic look.