After

"Retractor"
"More suction I need better visualisation"
Were the words coming out of the youngest shepherds mouth during surgery, but finally mollie had stabilised and was in post op recovering from major blood loss.
-
"Addie are you okay" Meredith noticed her fiancée looking very triggered possibly by mollie.

"Yeh no I'm fine don't worry about me" Addison sniffled into her sleeve and plastered her fake smile on.

"Addie I know your not okay, it's fine to feel triggered by this because you went through this twice. Addie just because your better at the moment does not mean you can't be triggered any less so please just talk to me okay honey mollie is resting and no doubt she'll cling to one of us when she wakes" Meredith sat down and offered a shoulder to the redhead.

Addison started to cry. Her emotions getting the better of her while her soon to be adopted child was just raped and had major surgery. Addison felt hopeless like she somehow could have stopped this from happening even though she knew better than to think this way.

"I failed her Mer I truly have"

"You couldn't possibly have known this would happen to her ads don't blame yourself okay because you didn't do anything"

"I know I just ugh I don't know what to do so many emotions are flooding through me I feel as though I might snap and then go off the rails again. I wanna scream and shout and kill whom ever did this to my baby girl" Addison was now completely overcome by her emotions no longer trying to hold them back. They flowed like a tsunami. All Meredith could possibly do was hold her and whisper in her ear that it would be okay and that she would survive this.

-

Once Addison had calmed herself down somewhat she went into mollies room and sat with her till she woke.

Mollie still hadn't woken by the morning but that was expected because she had lost so much blood that her body needed to recover from the trauma it had endured. Addison still worried but grateful her child was still alive. Meanwhile Meredith was urging Addison to rest and take a break from watching over mollie but Addison would not leave her side.

-

Mollie finally woke up that evening obviously in pain and terrified, Meredith and Addison both were there to comfort her both switching out to get rest where needed and Addison having calmed down now she knew for certain mollie would be okay eventually.

"Hi honey how are you feeling" Meredith finally broke the silence

"I've been better" mollie replied

Mollie was clearly exhausted from the whole ordeal and as quickly as she woke she fell asleep once more. When she woke up again her world would be changed forever.

END CHAPTER

I know this is a really short one I just wanted to get something out for you because I'm suffering writers block so I need time to think what plot twists I'll shove in for you all.