Setback

Two weeks had passed since Addison and Meredith got married. They finally signed mollies adoption papers and brought her home, although that didn't mean their problems went away. Meredith and mollie both had regular nightmares, it got to the point where Addison was getting no sleep in order to care for both of them. But with the help of Amelia temporarily moving in to help out with mollie it got much better with a lot of time and therapy.

Two weeks ago.....

Addison had just got Meredith back to sleep when she heard erratic movement coming from mollies bedroom. She checked the time and it was 4am, once again she had been up all night. Hoping mollie was just tossing and turning the woman made her way over. She pushed the door open and found mollie crying into her pillow while thrashing about on the bed. A clear nightmare, much worse than normal.

"Hey hey mol wake up it's me Addison your okay" the woman shook the teen hoping to wake her, eventually the girl woke up screaming, a coating of sweat sticking her hair to her face.

The girl launched herself at Addison and sobbed as the woman comforted her. Addison was so exhausted mentally and physically but she knew she had to be strong for her girls, she would phone Amelia tomorrow to see if she could come by and help out.

"I'm sorry Addison I'm still scared I wish my nightmares would stop but they just don't seem to be getting any better"

"Mollie these things take time, eventually they will pass, and in the meantime you and Mer and I alongside Amelia who may have to bunk in with you for a few nights a week. We are all there for you, come rain or shine mol. You have nothing to worry about" the redhead cooed while placing a kiss to the top of mollies head, wiping the sweat from her brow.

"Can I call Amelia, you need to get back to momma she may need you?" Mollie quietly asks after a few minutes. I'm consistently shocked by her selflessness. I know it's hard for her to give up her comfort which at the moment is me, I'm so happy she is using other means to cope as well.

"Of course babe amy will happily talk with you, I will be in my room if things get to hard just come in, don't worry Meredith won't be angry" she nods and grabs her phone from the bedside table. I give her a quick kiss on the forehead before going back to see a sleepy Meredith knocked for six in our bed.

I crawled in beside her and as soon as my head hit the pillow I passed out with exhaustion. 

-

The morning light woke me up the next morning, I could hear muffled voices downstairs so decided to get up to see who was there. To my delight Amelia shepherd was sitting on my couch with mollie sat in her arms and Meredith on the adjacent couch laughing at something.

"Morning everyone" I called as I announced my presence.

"Addie" Amelia ran into my arms crushing me in a hug

"You look... well shit, ads sit down" Amelia's brows furrowed with worry

"I'm fine Amelia don't worry. I just need my morning coffee and I will be good to go. Now Mer we need to get ready, you have rounds and I have a few surgeries"

"Amelia are you okay to stay with mollie for the day, I know you are on a weeks holiday" Mer added

"Of course, get changed Addie and I will have a coffee ready for you" Amelia winked and went to the kitchen

"Mol will you be okay with Amelia today"

"Of course mom, just take care of momma for me today" mollie got up and hugged Addison before following her aunt to the kitchen.

-

Addison managed to do exactly 2 surgeries before she started flagging. Exhaustion was taking over and she knew she may need to enlist the help of doctor Robbins to at least take over one of her surgeries so she could get some rest. She had one c and a removal of bands from a baby's foot, both procedures she had done plenty of times, but even still she could not afford to be tired.

She paged Robbins at lunch time, hoping she was free to take over her c.

"Robbins I have a huge favour to ask"

"Addie you look well awful, are you sleeping enough. What's up do you need anything"

The concern Arizona had for the redhead was adorable.

"Is it possible you could do my c section this afternoon, I really could do with a nap, Meredith and mollie kept me up all the night, the poor things were just not doing well. I wouldn't be asking if I didn't really need it."

"Of course Addison, anything for you. Get yourself to an on call room and I will page you once the surgery is finished. Look after yourself and your girls" Arizona hugged Addison and took the chart from her hands.

Addison blew out a breath of relief and went to an on call room to get some rest.

-

Addison woke to a page from Robbins. The surgery had been completed with no complications at all. Addison was so relieved, she checked the time and went to get next surgery.

The last operation of the day was slightly more challenging because the foetus was experiencing bradycardia but it was a minor issue that was easily resolved. All in all it was a smooth sailing day, but she couldn't wait to go home to her wife and child, plus Amelia.

-

She walked in the house to find a crying Meredith, mollie and a concerned Amelia alongside the social worker in charge of mollies case. She immediately had a sinking feeling that something was horribly wrong.

"Addison please have a seat. I need to discuss a very unexpected change in your adoption application"