chapter 2 - original

A cheerful and colorful bunch like us, I thought. I always preferred to be alone, away from the mess. But if you are already there why not show some presence that will help me? I finished wearing the sweater with the logo. It's just a shame I'm with a bag, it's going to hide the icon a bit ... anyway what do I care what other people think. First of all I am a walker, and a proud walker.

I went back to our gang, and was honored under my mother's angry look, as she claimed it's not hot enough for hoodie. In any case, adults never understand that a walker does not care if it's hot or cold. "Not hot for you?" Jacob asked and stopped from chasing another child. "No" I said and refrained from showing a sign of laughter while we chose something to drink.

On the other hand, maybe I should have paid attention to the talk and the scared looks that were in me.

Or understand that the couple called someone and did not call a friend.

After finishing shopping in the mall, which damn well took a long time - obviously, boring girls shopping, and boys in a toy store in the rifle category - we went out and argued (yes, even about it) about where to go now. I started walking around, not too far, and saw a gray booth, like some kind of circus tent, that looked like it was being built quickly, and a column of people who wanted to go inside.

I had a bad feeling about that. But Michal did see, and before I could tell her something - in fact to find out that she was there at all - she shouted "Hey, come on, we found something!". It distracted them and they came to see.

Shit, I thought. I just had no idea how much.

The people in the column entered the leftmost part closest to us, and we saw two uniformed soldiers guarding the entrance and standing completely still, while we scanned the area. Wait a minute, soldiers in uniform?!?! The one closest to us signaled to us and about seven other people to enter. Together we were twenty-five, a number that until recently was my lucky number (I have a few more but it will always be my lucky number), a sign of luck?

In this case it's a number forty - four, if anything (a number I really dislike). We waited, quietly,relative to the amount of noise my friends make, worried. Because why the hell are there soldiers here and what did we do?

The soldiers said to the firsts to enter. Six at a time, probably. "Look look who's here, an a idiot," a voice said. I turned around immediately. I recognized that voice. The nightmare of my life that I did not tell any of the gang - including my parents. "Oh really, unfortunately I have to see you even after school" I said with a fake sad. The whole bunch turned around to see - of course, this idiot is always talking out loud. "Shut up," he replied angrily. "Or what? Will you run to Dad? Will he kick me out of school because I met you? I think it's forbidden," I said sarcastically. "He doesn't have to, girl" said a voice to his left. Beauty. Meet the school principal Will Naxer, and his son, Tom Naxer. The both of them had something against me from the day I stepped in the school. He grabbed Tom by the shoulder, no doubt to restrain him in case i will say something wrong.

"Good day" I said politely, "there is no need to have such hostility sir" I stressed sir, to make it clear that this is all but that. "Stupid girl, who teached you manners?" Asked the father. "I did not learn. You understand, only those who are not from this country know what real manners are. And you, sorry, the son of a special, the other possessor of the greatest manners in the world." I replied with such calmness and venom that I was amazed (and the guys even more, who saw me angry maybe once, but not on such a level). But I was so angry that i did not care.

"What did you say? I'll break you up!" Tom screamed and grabbed me by the neck. I burst out laughing until I suffocated because of his grip. "What is your problem?" He asked and punched me in the stomach. "Hey, you guys are there! If I see you going beating again, I'll come separate you guys myself!" Screamed a soldier. My plan to seduce him until it exploded worked. He left me and stood next to his father again. "It will not pass quietly, and you know it," said his father in a very quiet and dangerous voice. I refrained from laughing again.

My mother approached as she watched some of us enter. It was just a safety check and a blood test, who knows why. But I had a feeling of discomfort every time the line got shorter - now there were thirteen people outside and all the other guys were waiting over some fence. "What the hell happened here?" she asked. "Just, I talked to a friend" I replied to her. "It doesn't look like that," my brother, Ethan, said. "Because he's just a dumb idiot who lacks the mind" I shot.

"Okay" they said and spoke no more.

For some reason one of the Walker's fanfics kept popping into my mind (I did not remember what the Walker's number was, but he was really, really low), where she was in a situation similar to mine. I was just hoping the guards wouldn't break my neck like what happened to her, because I don't think that the walkers in reality really have powers.

The turn went on, and I promised the last six (which included my family and best friends) that I would come soon. I waited for my turn with growing impatience. "Come on, inside," the soldier on the right said indifferently.

I entered the stand.On the other hand I did not have to. Really really really not.