Chapter 17 - original

Walker #62691's POV.

"Repeat this again?" I shouted in shock. I have to do what ?? "Practice." Said Walker #0. We're in a training room, so that makes sense. But in a training room alone and I'm supposed to train with ...

"With that?" I shouted and pointed at a black rifle with blue stripes the size of my arm. "Something like that, just hold it and shoot in the air. I'm just asking, no, begging, not at me." Said Walker #0 and smiled.

"Didn't it occur to you that I had never held such a rifle in my life?" I said. "Just try." he answerd. I took the rifle and grabbed the trigger with one hand and the other with the barrel of the rifle and aimed it in front of me. It felt weird.

"Fine, now shoot." he said. I turned to him very slowly until the rifle aimed at him.

"Do you have any last words?" I asked sarcastically. "Ahh, do not shoot me!" He said startled and took a few steps back.

I regained focus on training dolls (which certainly were not there before I turned around). "Shoot them. Free." he said. "I can not believe I'm really in this conversation." I murmured. "I know, this is the strangest conversation I've ever had." Walker #0 replied.

Well, about life and death. Direction and ...

Pamm! The shot of the rifle echoed throughout the room as I almost fell off the blow. At least I hit the target. Headshot. It was an headshot. Holy shit. "It's dead!" I said and pointed at him. Given that he's a training doll, and he was always dead, I'm probably gone crazy. "It ... is dead!" I came back in shock.

"Walker #62691? It's a training doll. It was always dead." Said Walker #0 with little apprehension. "I know, but it's dead!" I said the idiotic sentence in my life. It took Walker #0 a full quarter of an hour to calm me down from the initial shock of piercing the head of a training doll. The rest of the training was quite enjoyable, after I shot exactly where Walker #0 asked, I practiced shooting in motion. I came out of there sweating and with pain in my arms.

I used Walker #81454's trick to find them, and ... yes, in the shared bedroom. I got there and collapsed on the nearby bed. "Did not you go visit Walker #71619?" I asked, my head buried in a pillow so I'm not really sure they heard me.

"We have been waiting for you." Said some voice from someone. "It would have saved me a lot of walking, you know." I said and lifted my head from the pillow. "Ahh!" I shouted and flinched when Walker's head #80485 appeared from above.

"You really like being upside down, don't you?" I asked her after she stopped laughing. "Probably." She answered. "What made you so tired?" Ask Walker #81454. "Do not ask." I recommended it to her.

"But I've already asked." She answered. I turned to them. "I shot training dolls." I said in a slightly tired voice. "Did you do what?" Walker #80485 shouted. "Walker #0 told me, do you think I wanted to do this?" I answered her.

But you really wanted to do it after the first time ...

Shut up.

Walker #81454 looked in utter shock. "And it seems to me that I specialize in it." I said as a side note. This seems to me the dumbest thing I can specialize in. When will I ever have to use a rifle like this? Let's hope never.

"You're crazy." Walker #80485 said. "whatever you say." I mumbled and we started walking towards the clinic. When we got to the room we saw Walker #71619 sleeping. "Is she sleeping again?" Said Walker #81454. "Yes. Forever." Said Walker #71619.

We went in and talked for a while. "So, what happened to you abandon me here?" Said Walker #71619 in a hurt tone. "We did not abandon you, but in the meantime Walker #62691 has shot at training puppets." Said Walker #81454 like it's nothing.

"there is a reason?" Said Walker #71619 slightly startled. "Yeah, Walker #0 told me to shoot training dolls, so that's what I did." I said the thing that was closest to the truth. Well, that really was the truth, no?

"So ..." Walker said #71619. "You're a psychopath." She concluded. "Hey!" I protested when everyone burst out laughing. "Strange, that's exactly what we said." Said Walker #80485 amid bouts of laughter.

"I thought you should be on my side!" I said and placed my hand on my heart as a severely injured. "No." She answered. "Well, it hurt." I said and looked away. "Are we that bad at each other?" Said Walker #71619 in amazement. "Wow, who knew such a thing?" Walker murmured #80485 but the sarcasm could still be heard in her voice.

"Me!" Said someone and closed the door. It happens all the time, but it scares me over and over again. Especially Walker #0. He is just showing up. I gave him a shining death. "I just came to say Walker #71619 is free. But watch out for her." Said Walker #0.

Walker #71619 did not waste a second and jumped out of bed quickly. "Well, move already, lazy like you." She said and pulled Walker #81454 to stand.

After dinner we left the building and entered the forest next door, checking to see if anyone saw us, also because we were walkers and supposedly "bad" (which is quite the opposite), and also because we were not sure we were allowed to leave, especially after dark.

We talked a bit about which Walker #0 song is the best. Stupid thing in my opinion, because there are so many good songs, from classics like "Faded", to a completely different song like "Running Out of Roses". And songs that we just linked to like "Alone" and "Unity."

We reached a small clearing and sat there, not talking, just looking at the starry sky, standing together and listening to the sounds of the forest. It's really amazing. After a while we learned the names of the constellations we could see.

I think this is the best way to end this day.