Chapter 23 - original

Walker #71619's POV.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I will eventually destroy this thing I thought according to the sound of the annoying beeps. I almost fell asleep when I heard a sigh. "Hey." I got up and carefully approached Walker #62894. She recoiled in horror. "Sorry. Here." I went back. "What happened?" Walker #80485 asked and examined the clinic. "You were burned." Walker #81454, who entered the room, answered. "What? How?" She asked in shock, demanding answers. "Kind of um ... I burned you." I said apprehensively.

"You did what ?!" They both screamed in horror at the same time. "it was an accident!" I defended myself. "What's going on here - oh, you're awake!" Walker #0 said cheerfully. The second he came in I recoiled so he would not notice me.

"Yes, we are awake. What does it mean Walker #71619 burned us?" Walker #62894 shouted the end. "It seems to me you need to catch up ." Walker #0 said with a grin, and he and Walker #81454 left the room. Oh really, why? How do I explain it to them now? What a creative punishment. "Can I have an explanation?" Walker #62894 asked and I took the chair and sat down next to them.

"Ah, um... yes, of course." I answered awkwardly. "Before you came I was angry with Walker #81454 for not trusting us enough to tell us that ... I don't exactly remember what it was ... I remember you came in and I really tried to calm me down. But then something made me more angry until... Well, when I shouted at you to leave me it seemed to me that I had created a fire... something like a wave appeared, but made of fire... and it hit you. Then Walker #81454, Walker #0, and Walker #22 came in after a few seconds and brought you here ... " I managed to say and did not look at them.

"So you really burned us?" Walker #62894 asked in disbelief. "You can't burn your friends, even if you are really angry!" She continued, but I recognized a sting in her offended tone. "it was an accident!" I pulled it out again in my defense. "Aha, burn your friends by mistake. It makes a lot of sense." Walker #80485 said like it really happens every day. Why do I feel like it can be possible/it will happen a lot in the future?

"There's a rumor going around that you're awake." Walker #22 opened the door. "Hey." The three of us answered.

"Oh, nice. My advice, defend Walker #71619 from Alan. I'm not sure if he forgave you." He said wonderingly. "Is he still mad at me?" I shouted. I already explained to him that it wasn't my fault (well, not exactly my fault). "That's the point. I have no idea." Walker #22 answered and left the room. At least he warned me.

"Why is Walker #0 mad at you?" Walker #80485 asked. "Maybe because she burned us?" Walker #62894 replied as if it was a matter of course. A sound of laughter made me jump.

Walker #76267 looked like she had refrained from laughing all this time until now (which probably happened). "Don't. Just don't." I warned her. She did not hold back and burst out laughing. I threw a book next to her (I will apologize for that later). She disappeared before it hit her. Oof.

"What for all the potatoes are you doing?" Walker #81454, who has just entered the room, asked. I completely forgot that only I can see her. I cleaned my ears because I imagined she said 'for all the potatoes'. "Um there was a spider. I hate spiders." I said quickly. Walker #81454 shook her head in doubt.

"And why did you say to all the potatoes?" Walker #80485 asked with a grin. "I have no idea, it's just coming out. Probably it's because it's one of our symbols." She answered thoughtfully, apparently not knowing the answer herself.

"Oh okay... now we can explain how it is that she has powers, what, how and why it happened?" Walker #62894 asked. "Except for what I explained to you, we know nothing." I answered nervously.