Chapter 18 - original

Walker #0's POV.

To hell with it! where are they? Don 't tell me they're ...

"I found them Alan!" Shouted Viivi. What are they doing in the forest ?! I ran towards her voice and saw the four of them sitting, obviously frightened by Viivi, and with expressions of guilt on their faces. Viivi calmed the four of them, bursting out laughing.

"It's really easy to scare them." Said Viivi, still laughing. Maybe I told a thing or two about it ... well what's my fault it's easy to scare them?

Besides it's fun to scare them ...

no.

Admit it ...

Fine, fine, it's really fun.

"Well what did I tell you?" I asked her, amused. "What are you doing here?" I asked them. "Um ... it's allowed, isn't it?" Walker #80485 asked with little apprehension. "Um ... let me think about it for a moment ... no." I said in a tone of one plus one equals two.

"Ah." Walker #81454 said. "Did not you know?" I asked them, trying to restrain my laughter without success. "Like what does this look like to you?" Walker #71619 answered. I took a few deep breaths to relax. "it has got something in it." I said.

"Come on." Said Viivi and motioned for the walkers to come after us. They were probably expecting a reprimand. We walked a few minutes, a significant change considering that Viivi and I ran all the way.

There was a thump and an "Ouch." I stopped. "Are you okay?" I asked in panic. "Yes." Walker #62691's voice came to me from the ground and Walker #80485 helped him get up. We advanced and reached the base. "Viivi, can you take them to the bedroom? I do not want them to get lost to me again." I told Viivi and she nodded.

I have some people update. They went down the stairs leading into the base itself, and I looked at my wristwatch. It's very useful, but it's not allowed to let walkers use it for now, but we're working on it.

A hologram of my home screen appeared, and I went into the map and made sure there was no one in the area. I went a little deeper into the building, trying not to make any noise, until ... 

"Alan!" Said someone behind me. I turned around in a panic. I'm not supposed to be here, technically. I relaxed. "What do you think you're doing? You scared me!" I told one of my best friends, who was leaning against the wall behind me. "It's about yesterday." He answered me amusedly.

"But then it was morning!" I told him, a little angry. He rolled his eyes. I turned back and we walked a bit, until we both stopped.

We looked straight at the wall for him to scan us, and small blue cubes, which only we saw, appeared all along the wall and then disappeared. We looked at each other and went through the wall.

As we passed the wall, we saw a large table, above which was a hologram of the base. We settled in our places. The people sitting around the table looked a little tired, but when they saw me the fatigue left them.

"Alan, you look like you ran a marathon." Said one of the people at the table. "The forest should be added to the map as well." I sighed wearily. I really ran a marathon because of them. "Were they in the woods?" Said someone in shock.

"Yes, but they also did not know it was forbidden." I said and got up to get some water and the machine next to me. Excuse me, but I really need it. "Well, I personally did not understand. What did they do in the forest? They do not know that the whole world wants to kill us?" Asked the walker next to me as I sat back down.

I looked around the room, which was very large, with a few more hidden rooms. "Obviously they know. But none of them probably understand how bad the situation is." Said someone in front of me with a Greek accent, I think. I could never figure out what accent he had. And it's driving me crazy.