Chapter 7 - original

Walker #71619's POV

It's been four days since I received the message from Walker # 0. I connected with the walkers I met at the meeting point.

I had no idea there were walkers around me. It was just amazing to see that you really were not alone all this time.

I got organized, again, for the exit.

I was one of the many walkers who wanted to join and help, and of course any help was welcome.

I had to go with another ten walkers to Sri Lanka.

I finished and looked at the rest we were still preparing.

The trip to Sri Lanka is to pick up the walkers, but at the same time we gathered information about the captured walker, about whom we have not yet received any information.

Everyone finished getting organized and we left the room. I'm not used to it yet, it's really big.

 The building is underground, but the iron walls did not indicate that. At the entrance to the first floor (entering through an elevator) was a huge room and probably the main room, because next to it was the dining room, which was really big, and through three corridors in front of the elevator you could get to gym, training rooms, some equipped rooms, and some more I did not enter. 

The second floor (below us) also had a large room, but with tables so you could talk to other people, but the hallway led to a large room with lots of bunk beds. Next to each bed is a dresser or shelf (depending on whether you sleep up or down).

Walker #0 says they might make one room for everyone or a room for two people if there is enough space.

But the truth is that I'm quite comfortable like that.

I think it's the most fun to fall asleep with walkers next to you, and that you know they will protect you.

Someone interrupted my thoughts as he pushed me a little. "Hello? Are you here?" He asked with a grin. "Yes" I replied embarrassed. I did not notice that we had already reached the elevator.

"Okay, I just wanted to ask if you'm ready." told me. He was the oldest in the group, about twenty-three years old, and the leader of the group. "Yes, I have been on several such missions" I said and rolled my eyes. "Oh," he said.

Truth be told, that was true.

I have been to two other regions in India, Vietnam, and one region in Russia.

everything was alright.

Except for the hours of sleep probably, I thought to myself.

I was on a lot of tasks relative to my time and age, past it is impossible to say I was willing to stop.

"It's not supposed to be that complicated. From what we could understand from the map all the walkers are in the capital." I said nervously as the elevator stopped. "Yes." He said wearily. We got out of the elevator and climbed a ladder to get to the top.

The older walker arrived first and opened the door. When we left we were inside an abandoned building on the edge of a forest. The walker closed the door with his fingerprint. On the other side was another door, which I did not see but knew was there.

It was possible to enter from the outside (in special cases), and from the common rooms on both floors. This was the clinic.

I've never been there, luckily.

We walked in the woods for a few minutes. The feeling that I knew the forest felt strange. Mostly because I've never been here.

We reached a clearing, where a helicopter was waiting for us. I sat down there and talked to the walkers for a while.