Chapter 7

Beth's POV:

I was getting into my next outift for the concert. Very hastily, may I add.

"Beth, make-up redo!" Kat said quickly urging me to come.

I cursed under my breath. These wings are way too hard to get dressed into.

I managed though and Kat redid a few things.

The girls were all still getting dressed. I'm not the only having troubles with it.

Ellie stood there waiting for one of them to get done to redo their make-up as well.

"I swear costume changes are the most stressful thing of my day." Kat muttered trying to do it as fast as possible.

Honestly if we weren't always just sitting around once we get off stage it'd be easy, but we also are too exhausted to immediately change and all that.

"Right. Done." Kat said.

"Thanks." I said and stood up.

I went to get miced again. While they were wiring me up I felt how scratchy my throat was. These high notes are killing me.

Once they were done I ran to get some water hoping it'd help a little.

"2 minutes!" Paul, our tour manager, yelled.

"Ellie! Improvise!" Kat said.

Both of them started working again a tick faster and parallel worked on the girls.

Like, Ellie would start reapplying highlight and Kat would reline the lipstick on all of them.

"Beth, get to your spot since you are done!" Paul shouted from afar.

I gave him a thumbs up and ran to my position.

I drank from my water bottle again before putting it away.

"Girls!" Paul shouted stressed.

"Done!" Ellie yelled.

Not a second later Leigh was to my left ready and Jade to my right.

"Showtime." Paul said wiping his forehead.

And we started our next act.

************

"What a day." Jesy said sitting down on the couch.

"Yeah we should really reschedule how we do these inbetween changes." Kat said cleaning up all the make-up pallets with Ellie's help.

"Thanks guys. You're speed was insane. In two minutes you finished our make-up." Perrie said.

"Aye that's what we are getting paid for." Ellie said chuckling.

"Still. I can barely put on eyeliner." Jade joked.

They went on and I tried speaking up and my eyes went wide.

"Guys." I got out just barely and with almost no voice.

My voice was gone.

I stood up and went to get myself water. We have a show tomorrow already.

I went to my own dressing room and tried to sort this out.

I gargled the water in the back of my throat and tried speaking.

No use.

I started holding onto my throat trying something. I don't even know what I was trying.

If I don't tell them now they'll have more trouble sorting out who'll sing my parts tomorrow since they'd have to do it on the spot.

Maybe it will be fine by tomorrow though?

Oh fuck it. If it is then I can perform so I'll just tell them now.

I made my way to Paul to let him know.

I tapped his shoulder and he looked to me.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Can't speak." I said with no voice. It fucking hurt when I spoke.

He dropped the cables he was holding and was jaw dropped.

"Oh god. Alright uh... if it's fine by tomorrow everything will go normally. If not the girls will take your parts and we will arrange that right now." He said and walked off to our dressing room.

He knocked and they said a come in.

"What's up?" Asked Leigh.

"Beth's voice is gone." He explained.

The girls sat up and sighed.

"In case she isn't fine by tomorrow you'll have to take over her parts. We'll see who takes what now." He said and sat down.

I sat down on the couch as well. Ellie and Kat left seeing as this is a band matter.

"Let Beth choose. She knows what suits us best." Jesy said.

I shook my head frowning. They know what their voices are best capable of.

"Well... you heard them." Paul said looking to me.

I once again shook my head.

"Beth come on. These are your parts by heart. You chose them with thought. You know who of us masters which part." Jade said.

I sighed and nodded.

We worked out the entire set list and after an hour we've figured it out.

"I really hope you are fine by tomorrow." Paul said.

I nodded and he left.

"I'll make you a cuppa." Jesy said standing up.

I tried standing up to do it myself but one glare from the other three made me stop immediately.

"Does it hurt?" Perrie asked concerned.

I smiled and shook my head. As long as I don't speak I'm fine.

After a few minutes Ellie and Kat entered the room again seeing as they didn't finish cleaning up.

"How's ya throat Beth?" Kat asked.

"She can't speak idiot." Ellie answered.

Kat shrugged and continued cleaning up.

Jesy entered with my cuppa and I slowly drank it.

"Right I'll go shower now. We need to get ready to leave quickly." Leigh said.

She left and the girls continued talking. Ellie and Kat finished cleaning up and were now as well sitting with us talking.

"So Ellie, someone catch your eye? Kat has told us bout her man, what about you?" Jesy asked teasingly.

Ellie chuckled nervously, "Uh... no, no one at the moment."

"You are such a liar." Kat said laughing.

"Am not. Shut up." Ellie said glaring at her.

Perrie watched the encounter with much curiosity. I know this expression. She knows something about that.

And I fucking hope Ellie isn't actually interested in me.

"It's fine to tell them you know. They don't need to know who it is." Kat said.

"Yeah alright I like someone. But I have no clue if they like me back." Ellie said looking at the ground.

"I'm sure they do." Perrie said encouragingly.

"No I wouldn't be." Ellie said.

"What have you got to lose if you try?" Perrie asked.

Alright now I know she overheard something.

Ellie muttered something but didn't repeat when asked.

I only made out two words, lose job.

God please let it be someone on the crew.

Leigh entered the room again with damp hair and I immediately took my way out going to shower.

I really fricking hope it's not me.