Chapter 29

Perrie's POV:

Beth didn't wake up the day after and I was starting to get a little worried.

None of them talked to me and I still don't know how she even ended up here.

Noah gave us at least the information that she is very weak and her body needs time for her to be able to actually wake up.

So she isn't exactly in a coma, but due to her not eating her organs are working too slow. They are feeding her through a tube and once she has energy again she should wake up.

I booked a hotel room for a few days, God knows how long I'm gonna stay here.

The girls didnt exactly tell me but I'm assuming they individually booked hotel rooms somewhere as well.

I don't know if I'd rather have me and them settle this disagreement now or later. Wouldn't it be better to not have our fight in front of Beth again?

But I just can't take the first step, this is all our fault. None of this would've ever happened to Beth had we not disbanded. Or at least my fault because I told her to go.

It is really uncomfortable to sit in a room with people who hate you. Except for Josie anyway. She is the only one that's civil with me and also chastises Noah and Sam sometimes for how harsh they are with me.

I really think it's unfair that they treat the girls much better than me. They still didn't forgive them, but at least they aren't killing them with their looks.

Right now I'm at the hospital and Noah, Josie and Sam went down to get coffee. Josie asked me if I wanted something but I politely declined.

I don't know where the girls are, but to be fair I like it better when they aren't here. I don't need our tension between each other on top of mine with Noah and Sam.

Since no one was here I was alone with Beth and finally took my opportunity to hold her hand loosely, keeping in mind that her wrist is broken. There were a few strands of hair covering her face so I pushed them out of the way.

She is still undeniably gorgeous.

"I'm really sorry you know." I said not being able to stop myself.

"I don't know what came over me that night, or those weeks where everything came crashing down. Something clearly was wrong. I'm sorry that I didn't realise that you were trying to help the band. I'm sorry that I made you feel bad about yourself when you didn't deserve that." Tears were threatening to build but I held them back with great difficulty.

I heard the door open and immediately took my hand back and sat straight.

Jesy entered and sat down without glaring at me.

I on the other hand couldn't not look at her. I noticed quite a few things. She looks exhausted, she tried to cover up the bags under her eyes but it didn't really work. The usual glint she had in her eyes was very dimmed. I don't know if that's because I am here or because of the current situation with Beth. Or maybe it's something entirely different.

Finally she looked up at me and we locked eyes. I felt a little embarrassed that she caught me analysing her but didn't back down.

Her mouth opened only for her to close it again without saying anything.

After a while, we did break eye contact, but only because Sam, Noah and Josie entered.

"Hey." Sam greeted Jesy who greeted them back.

Slowly, Leigh and Jade joined us with a bit of time apart as well.

And once again, we were all in a semi-uncomfortable silence simply looking at Beth or avoiding to lock eyes with anyone.