Chapter 31

Beth's POV:

"Why the hell would you call them?" I asked once Noah led them out.

He sighed and turned around, "Well what was I supposed to do? I didn't know what happened and quite frankly, you know that you missed them so shut up and be happy I gave you the opportunity to fix everything with them."

I rolled my eyes and then he sat down and crossed his arms.

"I need to know how you ended up here. Why were you on your roof like an idiot?" He asked.

I wanted to cross my arms, but then I noticed that my arms were both quite injured. He sighed loudly.

"I'm gonna go tell the doctors you woke up." Josie said and stood up smiling warmly at us, probably sensing that I'm not comfortable enough to speak in front of her like I usually do with Noah.

"See, now Spill." Sam said leaning forward.

"I wasn't trying to kill myself if that's what you're thinking." I said and rolled my eyes.

"Then why were you up there?" Sam asked.

"You guys are unbearable. I wasn't feeling well that day and had a little to drink. Because I missed her I remembered how we once said that whatever we do, where ever we are, if we look at the sky in nighttime, it will feel like we are together. It's silly, but I wanted to try it out. I thought I could easily climb the roof and lay down. I was drunk and I wasn't thinking." I said a little embarrassed.

Both of them started laughing at me.

"Shut up!" I said annoyed and they tried to stiffle their laughing but it only worked barely.

"Have fun explaining that, the doctors thought you were trying to kill yourself." Sam said.

"Hell no. Noah you will explain to them how it was a drunken mistake and that I wasn't thinking. I'm not gonna embarrass myself even more." I said begging Noah with my eyes.

"Fine fine." He said rolling his eyes.

I smiled and then frowned slightly.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I asked.

"Sleeping? You mean through force being fed by a tube since you once again failed to take care of yourself? Yeah 5 days." Noah said.

I looked down feeling like a child once again. I know I'm stupid, but life really isn't that simple.

"They've been here for 5 days?" I said once I realised.

"Yeah. You guys really need to finally work everything out. Either kiss and make up or cut each other off for good." Sam said.

"I had cut them off for good, it was you guys who called them." I frowned.

"Cutting them off for good means not destroying yourself through drinking and self-pity while isolating yourself from anyone and anything in the world. Do you know how slow your liver was functioning?" Noah asked.

I bit the inside of my cheek. This cervical collar itches like a bitch. I can barely move.

"How long do you guys think I'll have to keep this on?" I asked.

"I dunno. Doctors probably gonna come in to check soon." Sam said.

And sure enough, a few minutes later the doctor stepped inside and I assume Josie chose to wait outside with the girls.

"Ms. Fields, glad to see you awake." The Doctor said while holding light to my eyes and listening for my heartbeat.

He continued his examination and then said, "Everything seems to be in order, your wrist should heal in 2 weeks usually if you make sure not to move it too much, your arm should take from 3 to 5 weeks and your leg will probably take the most time since it's broken in two spots. I'd say from 7 to 8 weeks till you can walk normally again, right now walking is not an option, maybe in 2 weeks you can try to walk with crutches. Your ribs are gonna take a little since they dislocated and broke a little, but there's not much to do there, just make sure not to have any weight on them obviously. Does your head hurt?" He finally asked.