Chapter 33

Beth's POV:

I woke up around 8 pm and somehow all the girls were still here.

"Aren't visiting hours over?" I mumbled.

"They are, but we are sleeping here." Jade said.

"And who said I'd consent to that?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"No one, but we knew you never would even if you were completely fine with it, so we took matters into our own hands." Leigh shrugged.

"Wow, teaming up on me. What? Did you all forgive each other while I was asleep?" I asked.

"Something like that." Jesy said.

"Congratulations, you all forgave each other again. Have fun with your life together." I mumbled sitting up as much as I could.

Perrie immediately tried to help me and she pulled me up carefully.

"I don't need your help." I mumbled.

She let go after I was situated and said a quiet, "Sorry."

They took advantage of my big room and all of them had a mattress on the floor for themselves.

"So you're forcing me to share my room with you?" I asked.

"Pretty much." Jade shrugged.

"What's your goal then? I don't hear any apologies or half assed regret from any of you. Are you just gonna stay here till I have to accept that you are staying?" I asked.

"Oh the apologies are gonna come, but we agreed to at first help you with your recovery, make sure you are healthy again, and then we will make everything alright again." Jesy said.

I huffed, "Awesome. You know when I told Noah and Sam to go home I wasn't telling you four to stay here."

"Can't get rid of us that easily." Leigh said.

"Oh can't I? I'm pretty sure an interview without y'all would be sufficient." I said not being able to hold it back.

Leigh then stopped talking very quickly while the three of them looked down.

"Oh? Or how about trying to stand up for my friends? How does that sound? Like a reason for you to break someone's heart? You four are a joke. No matter what I did, I still ended up being hated by one of you. I stood up for the three of you, she was mad that I was 'against' her. I tried to not fight with the three of you? I was a coward for not speaking up. I tried to stop our fight from escalating? I was the idiot. I was the one who believed that you four were just as attached to me as I was to you. Literally go fuck yourselves." I said finally being able to breathe a little more.

They all now looked down in shame. Serves them right. Pretending like they had the right to talk to me normally.

I really wanted to just walk out now. Fucking sucks that I can't.

"We are aware that we messed up." Jesy started.

"Oh that fixes everything." I mumbled.

"Let me speak please." Jesy said, firmly but still gently.

So I shut my mouth and tried to look at her as much as I could.

"We knew we messed up from the beginning. All of us were unable to just apologise like normal humans. We all were far too ashamed of ourselves to try and get your forgiveness back. We know that you tried everything you could to prevent hurting anyone. How we acted was embarrassing and unbelievable." Jesy said.

I just exhaled loudly and then winced, my ribs were killing me. Once I winced all of them looked ready to try and make it better.

"What a touching speech." I said. Because of how much I love them I already forgave them, but I can't let them off so easily. They hurt me too much for me to just immediately forgive them. Plus I don't trust at all that they are gonna stay.

"How do you expect me to trust any of you ever again? All of you lost my trust completely. Like seriously it's nil." I said.

"We know. We know it's gonna take a lot of time, but we will work every day until we have your full trust again." Leigh said.

I was simply exhausted so I simply waved my hand and I cursed incoherently. I really need to remember that my entire body is hurting right now. My wrist just killed me.

"Suit yourselves, I'm gonna sleep." I said closing my eyes.

I didn't see anything anymore, but I knew the light has been turned off and I heard much shuffling. A few minutes later complete silence stretched on and I opened my eyes.

All of them were lying on their back and looking at the ceiling. Guess I'm not the only one who's not tired.

Thanks to the city lights and the moonlight I could make out their faces just fine.

Jade was frowning a little like she was thinking very hardly about something, while Leigh bit her lip slightly.

Jesy on the other hand squinted her eyes in thought as well, while Perrie was lying there completely motionless.

And of course I got stuck on her and simply watched her.

What perfect mattress placement, Perrie was the only one I could look at without having to turn my face at all.

After a while Perrie's expression changed. At first, she looked almost angry and then tears were spilling down her face.

My heart burned. I know that moments ago I was the one who talked all big, but if any of them had started crying I'd have recoiled within a second.

I was yearning to comfort her, but first of all, I can't move. Secondly, I'm still supposed to be mad at her.

Hopefully one of the girls notices and comforts her.

A while later still no one noticed. What am I meant to do now?

The tears didn't stop and suddenly she looked right at me. I wanted to look away but I really didn't have it in me. She looked at me so intensely, it's like her eyes were begging me to comfort her.

I sighed mentally and broke my act. My arm was giving me a hard time but I managed making her understand she was supposed to come to me.

The girls were all asleep now so she just stood up and crouched down next to my bed.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

She wiped her tears away with no luck because new ones appeared.

"Nothing." She said barely audible.

I gave her a look and said, "You know, the time changed nothing. I can still read you like an open book. What's wrong?" I asked once again.

She sniffed and said, "Just... what you said. All of it is true. We treated you so badly. It wasn't fair. All you did was try and keep us together, but instead we hurt you as well. I used to blame the girls at first after you left, but deep down I know it was me who hurt you most. And for that I'm deeply sorry. Although I know sorry won't cut it. I'm gonna do everything in my power to earn your forgiveness."

Mentally I was hugging her and everything was fine. But it was true. Sorry wouldn't be cutting it. If I would just say I forgave them right now, I know that deep down it would always hurt me. I need to be strong and not forgive them out of despair. They do need to work for it. Mostly Perrie really. The other three hurt me, but not specifically tried to hurt me or singled me out.

"I mean you four are pretty adamant on staying here, so you have time to earn it. Just... don't cry please." I whispered.

Genuinely I can't bear seeing any of them cry.

She wiped the remain of her tears away and nodded, "Okay."

For a while she stayed there, crouched down next to me. She looked at me and if I were to analyse her look right now, I'd be finding way too many emotions for me to handle without breaking down. So I simply didn't look into her eyes.

I don't know how long we spent just looking at each other that night, but I can say one thing for sure, Perrie Edwards will always be a natural beauty.

And I will always love her, no matter what.