Chapter 26

Noah's POV:

"Stop!" I said while chuckling.

"You started it!" My girlfriend Josie said wiping away some of the flour on my face.

I smiled and kissed her.

A ringing interrupted us though.

I pulled back and discovered it was my phone with an unknown number.

Frowning I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hello, is this Noah Fields?" A woman asked on the other end.

"Uh yeah this is him." I said simply thinking it was probably a saleswoman or one of my customers.

"Is there a chance you could come to Los Angeles Medical Hospital?" She asked.

My stomach dropped, "Uh sure I can, but why?"

"Your sister is here. She is still alive, but we need to talk to you." The woman said.

I lost my footing and fell down.

"I'll be there." I said simply and hung up.

Josie was by my side immediately and rubbed my back.

"What's wrong baba?" She asked with a soft voice.

"Beth is in the hospital." I said barely audible.

Josie gasped very faintly and hugged me.

"I need to go. I need to be there." I said standing up disoriented.

Josie pulled me back and held my face.

"Yes you do, but you also need to calm down first. She is still alive isn't she?" She said caressing my cheekbone with her thumb.

I nodded silently closing my eyes for a second.

"How about this, I'll pack a bag for us and you will look for a flight okay?" She asked.

"You don't nee-" She cut me off, "Yes I need to come, I care about her too."

I allowed a smile and she smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Now look for a flight." She said leaving to our room to pack the bag.

What the fuck happened Beth?

***********

I sighed while the the elevators went up. The doctors wanted to talk to me but I refused to, I needed to see Beth first.

Josie was holding my hand and rubbing small circles on the back of it calming me a little.

Once it opened I nearly run to the room where she's at.

Finally I found it and took a deep breath. I know she's still asleep, but I still don't wanna see her in a hospital room again. Her anorexia put those images in my brain forever, how she was close to literally disappearing. She seemed so small, I wouldn't be able to go through it like it was back then again.

I opened the door finally. There she was, her left leg hanging up in the air, her right arm in a sling, her left wrist wrapped up in a bandage, and a few scratches on her face. She also had a cervical collar around her neck.

I simply stood there in pure shock. How could this have happened?

Josie was still composed but she is very good-hearted, she hates seeing people in pain. Her and Beth had an understanding when they met those few times before Beth moved away.

I sat down next to her bed and sighed. What a big brother I am. Letting my little sister move away and hurt herself like this.

Then a thought struck me. I need to know how this happened.