Chapter 51

Perrie's POV:

I can't believe it. It's finally happening. It's been eating me alive, and I can finally breathe again.

Beth invited her mystery friend and told us all to just wait and see who it is, which indicates that we all probably know her already.

Who the fuck could it be? Even though I didn't have the balls to ask her what their relationship was, Jesy and Jade had no problems doing that.

Her ears tinted pink, and she mumbled, "We'll talk when she's here."

It's only an hour away now, and I can't stop bouncing my legs up and down. Beth and I were preparing a meal, and she seemed to want to talk to me but was looking for the right words. So I let her figure out.

"Pez..." She started just to trail off again.

I looked at her with a questioning expression, trying not to seem urging.

"Look, I think it's only fair that I gave you a warning beforehand. It wouldn't be fair if I put you on the spot like that. My relationship to that girl was at first platonic, but after the disbanding, she reached out to me again and, well... I was heartbroken, so I told her where I lived, and from there, it turned into a beneficial friends kind of thing. Before the hospital, it had been a few months since we did anything of the sorts, but I haven't officially ended it. She knows, though, about everything going on right now, so I think she figured." She said while cutting up tomatoes.

I bit my lip. While I have been crying and trying to get over her, she had a friend with benefits. The realisation that Beth slept with someone other than me left a bitter taste in my mouth.

"Don't think the wrong way now though, even if I slept with her, that doesn't mean I stopped thinking about you. She had to console me so many times before I was actually able to continue without thinking of you and crying. I can't lie, though, it served as a great distraction from my shattered heart." She said once she realised I was actually hurt.

"I... uhm... I don't think I can judge or feel entitled to make you feel bad about it. You are a free woman. After all, I slept with Zayn, too, before getting together with you." I said, trying to swallow the hurt.

"Have... have you slept with someone else since... well us?" She asked.

I shook my head, "Nope. I couldn't even if I wanted to try." I sighed.

She hummed and sighed, "What's our goal, Perrie? I know we both said we wanted to be together again, but why isn't it feeling like we are making any progress? I feel like the more we try, the further we push each other away."

A big fear striked my heart. Is she implying that maybe we shouldn't be together again?

"I would do anything for us to be together again." I admitted quietly.

She sighed and opened her arms up for me. I couldn't believe it. This seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I immediately took my chance and let her engulf me in her arms. She held me just a tiny bit tighter, not wanting to hurt me, and whispered, "I believe you. I would, too. I've missed you like crazy."

After we let go, we continued cooking in silence for a while, and then she spoke up again. Almost hesitantly, she said, "You know... I'm sorry for just leaving that night. I can't recall if I've ever actually apologised for it, but even if I have, I'm still sorry. I shouldn't have done that. It seems I have a tendency to leave when things get difficult."

I was in disbelief. She thinks she leaves once stuff gets too difficult? She stuck through the band fighting the whole time. She always tried to keep the peace.