Greedler x Childish Reader

An annoyed look on the greedy Onceler's face told us that a certain girl had done something as he balled his gloved fists. (y/n) was the only name which crossed his mind in this incident for the top hat that used to be on the dresser was missing.

Else where, you stood outside the Greedler's office patio with the Lorax, holding the very missing hat. "Why do you have Beanpole's hat?" The Lorax asked, watching you smile with mischief and placed the top hat on your head. "No reason. Just a distraction." The Lorax knew you'd help him stop the Greedler from chopping down the trees, since the Greedler would only tolerate you hanging around.

Suddenly a loud bang of a door and a mad yell echoed throughout the factory. "(Y/N)!!!" Your eyes widened with panic, frantically looking around a place to hide and spotted the space under the big desk. "I wasn't here." You told the Lorax who looked amused, but nodded as you dove under the desk.

The Greedler stomped down the halls quickly before yanking open his office door open. His eyes scanned the room, then spotted the Lorax sitting on the railing outside. "Hey Beanpole." Greedler marched over with more annoyance, "What are you doing here? I told you I'm not stopping and making as much Thneeds as I want." The Lorax rolled his eyes. The young man sighed with a hand to his head, "You know what, I don't have time for this right now. I've got an important meeting to get to and I need to find-"

A giggle escaped your lips, quickly putting a hand over mouth, buuuut it was too late. The Greedler whipped around and you silently began to crawl around the desk, then stood up to see eyes glaring at you behind the blue glasses. A smile graced your face as you waved happily. "(Y/N)!" He yelled while rapidly running towards you and with a grin, you ran opposite way around the desk.

"Give me back my hat! This is no time for games, (y/n), I'm already late for an important meeting!" You shook your head no with the annoyed green suited man following. The Lorax chuckled, knowing very well that if the Greedler missed this meeting, the factory would stop making Thneeds and cutting down the trees.

"Give it (y/n)!"

"No." You said plainly.

"I said give it too me!" At that, you couldn't help but laugh out before yelling, "That's what she said!" A blush spread across the Greedler's cheeks as one of his hand covered his face.

After awhile you two stopped on different sides of the desk. You were laughing your butt off and the Greedler took the moment to run around, snatching the hat, but you still had a grip on it. "HEY! NO FAIR!" You whinned, pulling the hat as the Greedler did the same. "GIVE ME. THE. HAT." You two yanked back and forth like two children fighting over a toy.

"No!" You yelled.

"Yes!"

"No!"

There was no way you were letting go, so Greedler threw his hands in the air. "Fine! I get it now, (y/n)." You were confused when suddenly gloved hands grabbed your shoulders and soft warm lips crashed onto yours. Your eyes widened with shock, not feeling the hat slip out from your grasp as a flushed Greedler walked out the office. He loved you, of course, since you started hanging around here and a dreamy expression appeared on his face at the moment not too long ago. "Absolutely worth being late."

Back in the office, you still were shocked, sitting on top of the desk. The Lorax stood next to you with a hand against his face. "He kissed me. Did he really kiss me?" You asked with a blush on your cheeks. "Yeah and now we lost our chance to save the trees again!" You remembered and pouted, arms crossed. "Aw man!"

"All because of a kiss." The Lorax brought up, causing you to blush and pout more. "Shut up." Secretly, you knew you loved it.