First Day of School (Audrey x Little Sister Reader)

An alarm blared through out the home before shutting off by a small hand hitting the snooze button. The tiny figure wrapped up in the blanket shifted, but didn't get up. Down the hall, Audrey had heard the alarm go off and laughed to herself while walking to a door with a homemade sign. (Y/n)'s Room. "Little Sis. Time to get up." Audrey said cheerfully, but all she got was a whine. "I dont wanna." Audrey sat on the bed, sensing a distress in the voice. "And why not?" The blanket was thrown off by a little girl with (hair color) locks and (eye color) orbs who looked sad. "What if they don't like me and what if my friends don't remember me or what if-" "Hey, Hey, Hey." Audrey chuckled, stopping your rant. "(Y/n). It's all gonna be alright. I'm positive your friends will remember you and everyone will love you, but if they don't...." Your laugh rang out as Audrey tickled you and placed you on her lap. "Then they're missing out on this special little girl right here." You hugged her and she tapped your nose. "Now let's go get you ready, you little Bar-Ba-Loot." Audrey had given you your favorite outfit before she went downstairs. While you were getting ready, Audrey made you a bowl of Empty O's cereal and orange juice. You came prancing down happily and took your seat at the table, kicking your feet back and forth. "Audrey?" The older sister turned around from making a small packed lunch for you. "What is it (y/n)?" A smile spread across your face. "I love you." Audrey felt her heart melt at those words. "I love you too, (y/n)." Soon you had everything packed in your (fav.color) back pack and the two of you walked outside. You gently took Audrey's hand, heading toward the Thneedville Elementary School, but half way there your feet started to hurt, so Audrey placed you on her shoulders. In front of the school, there were a bunch of kids and that made you nervous. Audrey knelt down to you, "Remember. Just be yourself and if they don't like it then they're missing out on my special little sister. The one who will do great things and-" You grinned, finishing off her sentence. "And the one to follow my dreams and never let anyone bring me down." Your sister smiled gently with a nod. "Hey, (Y/n)!" Both of you saw a few kids run up to you and they were half your friends, which made you forget about being nervous. "Hey guys!" "Come on (y/n), let's go play before school starts." Nodding excitedly, you gave Audrey a big hug before running off and waving. "Bye, Audrey!" "Bye, (y/n)! I'll be waiting!" Throughout the day, you meet new friends, faced a little bullying, but didn't let that stop you. Lunch went well, except after you began to notice the school didn't really talk about trees that much unlike your sister. "Okay class. We're going to learn the history about our Mayor of Thneedville and how he gave us the best town of all time." Something kept bugging you when you remembered something about Ted's grandma telling you the story about the Onceler. You raised your hand. "Yes (y/n)." "I know this is off topic, but do we get to learn about the Onceler or Truffula Trees?" The teacher just smiled with a shrug. "I don't know, we decided not to talk about the past and think about the future." It confused you. "But I thought history is about the past." They ignored you and you kept thinking about the whole ordeal all the way until school got out. Audrey wasn't there, but Ted was there. The one who has a big crush on your sister. "Hi Ted." He looked at you with a smile. "Hi (y/n). Was school good?" You nodded, "Yeah. Why you here? Waiting for my sister?" You teased as he crossed his arms. "No. She asked me if I could pick you up." Ted helped you onto his bike and went to your house. "I know you like my sister." Ted denied too early. "W-what? Pshhh No." "She likes you too and I think you two would be cute together." Ted was quiet for awhile, then answered. "You think?" You nodded, "Yep. Oh! You should find her a real tree and she would like you way more. Even I would be so happy that someone would bring a really tree because I always wanted to see one." Ted heard how you felt about a real tree and how Audrey would feel about it too, giving him an idea. "Hmm, now where would I find a real tree?" You heard Ted mutter and grinned at him. "I know! You should ask the Onceler, himself. I tried asking at school, but they didn't seem to wanna talk about it or real trees." Ted parked as Audrey came out and you were about to run to her when Ted stopped you. "Did my Grammy tell you that?" You nodded happily before thanking him and running into Audrey's arms. She thanked Ted who smiled dreamily and you laughed. "Did everything go okay?" "Yeah, I made new friends and got picked on, but I didn't let it put me down." You hugged her tight, feeling her hold you close. "I love you, big sis." Audrey smiled warmly. "I love you too, Little Bar-Ba-Loot." She rubbed her nose against your's, making you giggle.