Onceler x Reader (Easter Egg Hunt)

An arm warmly held you around your waist as loud snores came from beside you. A yawn escaped your lips and your (e/c) eyes fluttered open to see a sleeping Onceler, snoozing away. Smiling lovingly, you kissed his forehead before silently slipping off the bed.

Today was Easter and you planned an Egg Hunt just for your Oncie. Excitement brought more awakening, slipping on a (f/c) dress and picking up a basket full of colorful plastic eggs. You gently placed a pink egg right on your pillow and ran outside to see the animals and the Lorax waiting there. "Good Morning, (y/n)." He said as you nodded your head. "Morning Lorax, are you guys ready to help me hide these eggs?"

The creatures smiled with a cheer as you each gave them an egg to hide. The Lorax was handed the basket, "Remember to give this to the Onceler. I'm gonna go hide until he collects them all." The Lorax saluted and you went back inside only to crawl under the bed just as a groan came from above you.

"Huh?" The Onceler awoke from not feeling you next to him and noticed the pink egg in your place. His hands gently reached out and opened it, pulling out a small note. "There are 20 eggs hidden, containing one word in each and once you find them all, they can be put together to form my message to you. Good Luck, Oncie." A grin appeared on his face and quickly got up to start on the hunt.

As the Onceler opened the door, the Lorax held up the basket with a smirk. "(Y/n) told me you might need this. Good luck finding those eggs, Beanpole." Onceler chuckled, "Well, thanks for the 'first' nice inspiration, since I came here, Peanut." He said sarcastically. The Lorax crossed his arms, "Don't push it, Beanpole. I'm only doing it because of (y/n)'s sake."

Soon the Onceler went searching, finding five eggs with ease, seven eggs on the backs of Humming Fish, which caused him to swim. Two eggs were high in Truffula Trees, finding another four eggs with a couple of Bar-Ba-Loots and it made it hard when Onceler had to chase some of them. "Man! You guys are making this hard on me." Onceler gasped. "Got 18 Easter Eggs aaaaaannd 2 more ta go." Scanning around the area, something blue sat on the door window sill and Oncler let out a cheer. "Ah-ha! There's one!" He ran over and placed the egg in the basket, forgetting he needed one more as he made his way inside.

Sitting on the bed and opening the plastic Easter Eggs, the Onceler began sorting the words. Many switching, re-reading, and thinking, he finally got a message. "(I) (Will) (Always) (Be) (Yours) (And) (You) (Always) (Be) (Mine). (Never) (Forget) (Us) (That) (Connected) (Together). (I) (You) (Onceler)......" Confusion crossed the young man's face at the last part and he counted the words. "I only have 19? The note said 20, so-"

Something gently bumped his side and realized a (f/c) egg had been rolled to him. You snickered, when you watched Onceler get on his knees and look under the bed. "(Y/n)! I didn't know I had to find you too?" He chuckled and helped you up. "Did you have fun Easter Egg Hunting?" You asked as the Onceler nodded and now knowing what that last part meant.

He started to lean in slowly, "Yep, I sure did. And I love you too, (y/n). Always. Happy Easter." You smiled lovingly, "Always. Happy Easter, my marshmallow lover." The Onceler laughed, before kissing you softly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

(Hope you enjoyed and have a Very Happy Easter to all of you readers! =D)