Promise (Ned McDodd x Son! Reader)

(This is just to pass the time so i can finish the requests i got, so enjoy!

I'm sorry if it's a male reader but i do have a little brother so yeah.

You can change it to a girl if you'd like, also i don't know if this will have a part 2, unless you guys want it.)

~€€~~€~€~~€€~€~~€~€€~

With a long, exhausted yawn. Ned Mcdodd sat up and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. "Oi......." His back suddenly gotten stuck so he turned to give out a satisfying crack. "There we go." The bubbly mood returned to adult who-male as he slipped right into the hallway.

Right around the corner, the mayor stopped to stare at the very, very, VERY long line to the bathroom. All his daughters wither talked among themselves or complained about the line. Ned sighed while making a detour to the kitchen, "Why do we even have ONE bathroom? Why can't I put more in this home? Yeah Ned! Good thinking." He congratulated himself while looking over the family photos on the walls.

One space had caught his eye. It was empty, mostly repainted but through Ned's eyes there were vague outlines where picture frames would be.

"Why can't you understand!?"

"What do you mean? Come on! Being mayor is fun and it'll bring so much pride to this family! Right?" Ned said enthusiastically but smiled nervously.

"Fun? Dad! Becoming mayor is just too much for me! I wanna do what I want and what I enjoy! (Dream Job)!"

Ned sighed, "Look. You have to. You're the only male in this family to take MY place! (Dream Job) isn't going to get you anywhere SO QUIT DREAMING!"

A fist collided with the wall, making pictures crash and shatter. "NO! I'm leaving dad and I'm never coming BACK!"

Shaking his head, a guilty and sad frown is on his lips as he made his way into the kitchen. Sally, the wife of the home, smiles when Ned walks in as she cooks but tilts her head, "Good morning, Sweetie." Ned smiles a bit, kissing her cheek, "Morning, Hon." Sally immediately knew what he was thinking and spoke softly, "Oh, Ned." She pulled him into a hug, "I'm sure he'll be back. He didn't sat he'd stay away forever."

The door bell echoed through the household and Ned sighed, "I'll get it." He ran to the front door, almost slipping and takes a deep breath. "Smile and greet your humble who-civilians, Ned." Ned said to himself and smiled widely with a happy vibe in his movements. "Good Morning!!!! Wha-"

Everything came crashing down and in the mayor's mind, he can see himself falling off a cliff. Of course he's just exaggerating.  His words got caught in his throat as he tried to swallow the lump in his throat.

-

-

-

-

"Dad?"

There stood a (color) Who with (h/c) hair. His timid (e/c) eyes stared at Ned nervously and stood like he needed to run of need be.

"(Y/n)~" Ned's voice cracked.