14 ~ Breakfast

Chuck
     Light reaches my eyelids waking me up to warmth on my face. I groan as I start to come to my senses. I feel heat on my back, I look down and find arms wrapped around my chest. I turn back around to see Newt at my back, fast asleep his breath moving my hair. I move to get out of bed, accidentally waking Newt in the process. "Morning kiddo," he mumbles as he lets me get up. That's a weird nickname, never called me that before I think to myself. My eyes widen as I remember what I said last night before I fell asleep. I leave him in what I'm assuming is Da- Thomas's room, and walk down the stairs.

As I get to the bottom of the stairs I smell bacon. I look over to the kitchen to see Thomas cooking breakfast. "Hey Chuckie, I'm making breakfast. I have bacon and pancakes, though I can make something else for you if you'd like," Thomas offers. "No that's good, smells good too. Thanks," I say with a smile, thankful he let the Dad thing go. I walk over to the table and look around. "Hey where are Minho and Teresa?" I ask Thomas. "Oh I dropped them off at their houses after I brought you and Newt back," He tells me while flipping the pancakes.

     "You don't have to go to school today, but we have to deal with a few people from yesterday so you would have to stay here by yourself," Thomas tells me as I'm eating the pancakes he made. "Yeah that's fine," I tell him my mouth stuffed full. "I'll see if I can get you into the high school with us, I'll see if Agent McCall can work it out." Thomas says as he walks around the kitchen and sets up a plate for Mo- Newt when he wakes up. "That would be awesome," I tell him as I beam up to his taller frame. I would get to be with everyone, not having to leave them I think. "Cool I'll call him in a bit I'm going to wake Mom up so he's not late for school," Thomas says as he starts walking up the stairs. I'm freaking out because Thomas just referred to Newt as Mom.

Thomas
     "Cool I'll call him in a bit I'm going to wake Mom up so he's not late for school," I say as I walk up the stairs. As I get to the door I open it and go over to wake Newt up with a kiss on the check, I wait for him to slowly wake up. "Shuck, I'm such an idiot!" I exclaim shocking Newt awake faster then I wanted too. "What? Tommy why are you an idiot?" Newt asks once he comes to his sense after I rudely awakened him with my yell. "I just referred to you as Mom with Chuck," I tell him. "Well how about we ignore it until he feels comfortable to bring it up, ok?" Newt reasons. "Yeah, yeah that's a good idea," I respond.