Part 3

*6:30 am the next morning*

I wake up to the alarm on my phone going off. After laying comfortably under the covers in my bed for a few extra minutes I drag myself up to start the day.

I change into my The Wreck v-neck t-shirt paired with a pair of jean shorts and my dirty white vans. I throw my hair into a loose high ponytail and my eyes meet my reflection in the mirror above the bathroom sink.

My mind drifts for a moment to my mother. Everyone always says how John B looks like my father and I look just like my mother. It makes me wonder why she decided to leave us. I quickly brush off the thought and don't let it bother me too much. We have been doing just fine without her. I do miss my father terribly and I always think about how things would be if he were still here. It's been 2 years ago now, since he went missing at sea and has since been presumed dead. I just have that gut feeling that he is no longer with us but John B holds out hope.

I shake myself from my thoughts and head out of the bathroom to go wake the boys up before I head to the diner for my shift.

John B works for Sarah's father, Ward Cameron, cleaning his yacht, refilling the scuba tanks, things like that. JJ goes around and mows peoples lawns and occasionally picks up shifts with me at Terry's Boat Services.

Terry's Boat Services is my second job where I pick up shifts for extra hours. It mainly consists of cleaning boats and yachts and the shop also does maintenance and repairs if needed. I started working a second job just recently to make sure the bills and necessities are taken care of for not just me, but John B and JJ as well. With the house being in my name, I feel responsible to make sure everything is taken care of.

After I'm sure the guys are awake I head out of the Chateau and hop into my old, beat up, Jeep Wrangler and make my way the diner.

I head inside, put on my waist belt/apron that holds my order pad, straws, and other waitressing necessities, and then I start a pot of  coffee. I know there will be a few local regulars that will stop in for their coffee and breakfast burritos, like most mornings. Hopefully there will be more tourists starting to stop in on their vacations with it being officially summer. That's where the good tips are at.

As I am getting everything ready to open at 7am like normal I am greeted by Kiara's mom, Anna.

"Good morning, Mrs. Carrera." I say with a smile.

"Mornin', Liv... You're early, we weren't expecting you until 10:00" she says.

"I know, I'm sorry. I hope that's okay. I could really use the extra money right now."

"Yeah that's fine, honey. We could use all of the extra help we can get with tourist season here."

She walks away and starts getting things ready to open also.

While I have a free moment I take the chance to text Sarah. I want to check on her after last nights events. She's became a pretty good friend in the short time I've gotten to know her.

Liv: 'Hey Sarah, are you okay?'

Sarah: 'I'm alright. Could really use a girl
friend to talk to though. Are you busy today?'

Liv: 'I'm working until 6 tonight but I can come over after my shift'

Sarah: 'Please do'

Liv: 'Oh course, see you soon babe'