Part 57

It's been 2 days since I told John B that I was pregnant. I have since had a casual conversation with Pope and told him the news. He is such a chill guy and of course he wished me the best. Rafe and I got together yesterday and told Sarah and Wheezie. Sarah seemed happy for us and Wheezie was beyond excited to be an aunt. I'm honestly surprised everyone has taken the news so well, so far. That just leaves JJ that I haven't told. I knew deep down that I had to tell him sooner rather than later because I will be moving out in just 5 days and I don't just want to spring it on him last minute. But for some reason I'm almost more terrified to tell him than I was to tell Rafe or John B.

I build up the courage when I see him out by himself cleaning the HMS Pogue. "Hey J."

He stops what he is doing and looks over to me. "Sup?" He asks nonchalantly as he tosses the rag down.

"Can we talk?"

"Course."

I let out a deep sigh. "There's something I need to tell you." He waits for me to continue. "I'm pregnant." I admit before I have the chance to back out.

"I know."

"You know?" I ask, confused.

"I'm not that much of an idiot, Liv. You're my best friend. You have never turned down a beer in all of the time I've known you, you haven't smoked weed in days, and you've been throwing up every morning."

"Oh..."

He pauses for a moment, "is it mine?"

I shake my head no and look down at my feet, awkwardly.

"What are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna move in with Rafe." I admit, quietly. I see a sadness appear on his face when I tell him this. I can't stand to see him upset, I move over to him and wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head softly on his chest. His arms wrap around me is response. "I'll still be around, though."

His arms wrap around me tighter and he lets out a breath, "you better."

A wave of relief washes over me. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders now that all of the people that are closest to me know. Now Rafe just has to break the news to his friends, then Ward and Rose. I'm not sure which of those worries me more.