Part 36

A mix of sadness and anger course through my veins as I return to the inside of the diner.

"Hey! What's wrong?" Kie asks as she sees the expression on my now red face.

I begin pacing back and forth, "Rafe just fucking dumped me." I explain to her, still in disbelief.

"What?! Why?"

"Can you take over my last few tables? I can't be here right now." I ask, not answering her question. Before she even agrees I am grabbing my bag and hanging up my waitress apron.

"Of course."

I storm off and hop into my Jeep. Still not thinking straight, I start driving to the only person I can bear to be around right now. A few minuets later I park in the driveway of the chateau and find my best friend laying outside in the hammock.

"JJ..." is all I can manage to mutter out without completely loosing it.

He quickly leans up and pulls me down next to him in the hammock as he asks me what happened.

"Rafe dumped me." I mumble into his chest.

"Fucking idiot." He says under his breath.

My head lays on his chest as rubs small circles on my back. I find comfort laying there, listening to his heart beat. I begin to feel like this day is never going to end.

"JJ?" I ask breaking the comfortable silence.

"Yeah?"

"Let's gets fucking wasted."