Part 8

I pull up the gravel drive, arriving back at the Chateau. Everyone is outside sitting by a fire, the sun has almost completely set. I still haven't figured out what my excuse will be. I can't say it was work, seeing as I worked with Kie at one job and JJ at the other, they both would know I was lying.

I step out of the car and make my way to the porch and try to slip into the house without getting stopped.

"Hey, where the hell have you been?" I hear John B ask just as I make it to the entrance. I pause and cringe before turning around.

"Oh, I just went for a long walk, needed to clear my head." I say, not a complete lie but also not the complete truth.

They seem to accept my answer and I go out and join them by the fire.

" You guys wanna play a game?" Pope suggests.

We all agree. "Never have I ever?" JJ asks and tosses everyone a fresh beer.

"Never have I ever smoked weed." Pope starts off, knowing we would all have to drink and put a finger down but him. Well played.

"Never have I ever been arrested." Kie says next. We all look over to JJ, he rolls his eyes, drinks, and puts another finger down.

"This game is rigged." JJ complains.

"You suggested it, bubba." I reply with a chuckle. "Never have I ever dated a kook." I say next. John B and Sarah both drink and put a finger down.

We finish out the game, JJ ultimately losing. Sarah, Kie, and Pope say their goodbyes and go back to their homes. John B heads inside stating he has to work early the next morning.

JJ and I are left outside. He pulls out his weed pen and we pass it back and forth.

"You didn't really just go for a walk earlier, did you?" He asks. He knows me better than anyone.

I shake my head, not being able to lie to him. "I don't wanna talk about it, though."

He leaves it at that. We head in shortly after, both having to work tomorrow, also. I walk into the bathroom to change. That's when I remembered what I have in the pocket of my shorts.

I pull the small bag out and look at it for a moment. I toss it into the toilet and flush it and then continue getting ready for bed.

*ding*

I hear my phone in the other room letting me know I got a text. I finish brushing my teeth and I go to check who it is.

Rafe: 'Goodnight'

I stare at the text for a few minutes, not sure what to make of it. I don't want to think too much into it, he was just saying goodnight for gosh sake.

Liv: 'Goodnight'

I reply back and then lay down in my bed and drift off to sleep.